How to pan Audio Regions?

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Highdom, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

How to pan single audio region in an audio track? It could be really helpful while making a real drums track, with crashes panned.
    I mean, is there something similar to "gain" function for audio region (in the audio region menu on the top left side of the info view) but works with pan?

EDIT: in logic, of course

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  3. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

there is in studio one, reaper and magix samplitude , not sure about the rest. what daw u using ?

4. C7

C7 Member

Why don't you just select the region of audio, cut it, paste it on a new track, and then pan as desired?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Don't know what your DAW is... because you say regions, I assume you might be a Pro Tools old-timer (that's what they used to call audio bits back then, now they're called clips). Then... stereo is just 2 mono tracks. If you want to jump left/right, just do 2 mono tracks, pan them hard left and right, and cut/paste to the track with the pan you need

6. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

Yes but I'm searching for the exact function...
    We are in Logic category...

7. C7

C7 Member

I am not a Logic user but cant you just record the panning automation or draw it in?

8. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Pan automation should do the trick, just use some sort of line editor... in PT you'd select the clip length, then move up and you should be done... don't know about automation in Logic. Then you'd maybe commit/bounce the whole thing to have it printed