How to organise Massive presets?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bunford, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Looking for some advice on how everyone else sorts out their presets for soft synths, particularly Massive.

I have tried putting them in same place as factory ones but I have so many Massive takes ages to open or crashes. However, when I use the browser it always defaults to op level drives meaning there's a boring process process of digging through drive folders to get to the preset, and if I want to change it, have to go through again.

Is there something obvious I am missing?!?!

3. Crater

Crater Ultrasonic

Do u use all the presets? Of course not, so "delete" those u will never use.
    U can also load them from another folders... or even use bypass folders inside the main one...

4. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Just few days ago I deleted a pile of folders and left only factory, self presets and a couple of useful for inspiration... just waste of time and space and slow scanning and nothing more :)
    ------
    Main reason for that mess is categorisation... Mainly, presets are not tagged or categorised as well, so If you have enough time you can do it yourself.
    Just go to tag editor and place preset in right category etc... I mean if preset is some Lead sound, place it in Synths -> Leads -> Hard / Soft etc...
    If you are on Mac, you should place presets in users location and that you will be able to edit tags, because on Mac you have not privileges to change factory presets.

5. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

True. But I do like scanning through presets for inspiration sometimes and also find starting from a preset can sometimes help me get to a certain sound I need quicker, though admittedly I never use a preset straight as is. I tend to save what I use as my own custom preset once done, but just wondering how people organise it efficiently.

6. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Have you read the manual? On page 92 thru 94 you may find some useful info.

7. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

8. mono

mono Audiosexual

@Bunford if you search for Massive preset pack on the other side
    you should find a pack thats been sorted with over 50.000 presets
    it comes with a database fix as well to stop massive from crashing.
    when your going over the presets and find some you like
    save them in your own preset folder
    and after a while you will have your own pick of the pack
    that you can always go to.

9. bigboobs

bigboobs Kapellmeister

I made a seperate folder on my drive called "synth presets", with subfolders for massive, sylenth, predator, yoursynthhere.
    Below that, I have 2 folders: Genre and Type.
    Below genre there are techno, tech house, garage, edm, yourgenrehere, there I put preset folders into.
    Below type there are packs like bass, lead, fx etc.

for me very easy to find the right sounds at the right time.