How to open the Ableton crashlog file?

Discussion in 'Live' started by verwest, Jul 8, 2023.

1. verwest

verwest Ultrasonic

I worked on a project for a few hours yesterday, I saved the project, and the next day, when I opened it, it crashed and wouldn't open. I saw a video on YouTube that could open this crashlog file and read what plugin crashes. When I open it, I use this software. Sublime.Text software opens in hexadecimal format

Please help me. I am a user of FL Studio and I have not had such a problem until now. I thought that Ableton was less defective. Now this problem is bothering me. I am using Ableton 11.3.3 on Windows 10.

How to open and read this crashlog file?

3. edvardeishen

edvardeishen Newbie

I think you can check all errors in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 11.3.3\Preferences\Log.txt or in PluginScanner.txt in the same directory

Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
  4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

its a txt file, just use notepad or notepad++ or whatever ... no need for any tutorial. :dunno:

5. verwest

verwest Ultrasonic

In this way, it cannot be opened, which means that the words will be illegible

I was able to open it with this video

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

ofc you can read the crashfile with a simple text editor (you need to force the text editor to open crashfiles, usually with *.* open all files extension.). you can open all files with a text editor - crash files are simply saved utf format, mean you can plain read them - exe, dll, etc are even app files are binary.