How to move a VST3 plugin to a different category/folder?

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by reverbmuddiesmix, May 1, 2022.

1. reverbmuddiesmix

reverbmuddiesmix Member

I'm on Cubase 12 and got Melodyne VST3 sitting in the 'Other' plugin category/folder and wanna move it to the 'Vocals' category/folder. I couldn't figure out how to do that. Is it not possible?

3. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

Use the plugin manager, and sort them how you like. Under Studio/VST plugin Manager

4. reverbmuddiesmix

reverbmuddiesmix Member

I already tried that but when I try to drag the Melodyne plugin from 'Other' category to anywhere else I'll just get a 'forbidden' street sign icon, so I can't drop it in the category/folder I want it in. What am I doing wrong?

5. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

Once you open the plugin manager the first thing to do is to use the little white arrow at the top Right Hand side and select create new collection, select add all plugins. Then sort to your hearts content. You can create additional folders here as well.

6. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star