How to memorize the Interval chart like multiplication table

Discussion in 'Education' started by foster911, Oct 18, 2015.

1. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

You clearly haven't payed attention to this:

2. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

yes it does,as a matter of fact u strted constructing the three numeric lines though the informations u had in the staff,any difference in the key signature would have meant a different numeric sequence

3. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Man thats hard to read

but u fucking have to spell those fucking intervals,in every fucking key,because with your reasoning only applies as a general rule, like the distance between one note and another makes a certain intervals,right?
    so according to your retarded brain once u have seven numbers that s all u need to know intervals?
    no!
    first of all if names mean nothing in the absolute why not using a number for each semitone instead of of only 7?this would keep u from using sharps and/or flats completely.
    or maybe theory for u does not work when it s about giving a name to intervals and using en-harmony, but it s valid when u have to give those seven numbers to the degrees of a nameless major scale?
    because if u forgot it the major scale is a modern creation,it s a child of theory ,a western convention,yet for u it can be used to study intervals and decide if their major, minor etc..
    since u count the semitones u can quietly use 12 numbers, it should not make any difference to u.
    at this point remin stuck to numbers and as doublesharp said use fractions.then apply them to real sounds and not absolute hyperuranic ideas and let s see how easy it will be for u,because everyone but u is a moron who gives names to notes and uses en-harmony.
    ad for (i hope) the last time this has got nothing to do with staff and notation,even if u can t read music these concepts don t change if u are going to use them within a context,because that s their purpose,unless u refuse to give names at all and remain stuck to numbers or without caring of the rules of harmony,because they were written by old farts,and those that u don t like are useless and outdated.
    last but not least,since u brought the example of the guitar and how intervals are constructed on the fretboard,I'm sorry for u, but that s a kind of notation too, so your denial of the staff is just another evidence of your sesquicentennial stupidity
    there, fixed it for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Says the guy who only understands and accepts the 5 lined staff LOL

I've provided examples for many kinds of staff notation, even with more lines, less lines, chromatic, tritonic, etc etc.

Go see a doctor dude.

5. duskwings

a chromatic staff implies that u use notes,but u haven t explained why in a chromatic staff some accidentals should be prefered to others.
    Now please take a harmony book,and look ath the crhomatic scale,do u see that some notes have two names?
    do u know why,becaus the chromatic scale is the sorce from which all the other scales are shaped,and these shapes belong to musi theory,and music theory uses harmony,and harmony uses enharmony

6. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Holy shit grandma, not the battery bars again...

Can't you understand that your reasoning has no logic if you keep pulling everything back to the same notation system? You have to be really dumb at this point to still not be able to understand the difference between notation theory/rules and actual music theory.

7. duskwings

[QUOTE="Kwissbeats, post:
    there, fixed it for you[/QUOTE]
    ahahah, thanks :)

8. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

F u c k...

5 lines, diatonic... once again, traditional staff. If it's diatonic, obviously you have to use sharps, flats and enharmonic rules because you only have 7 notes at your disposal.

Chromatic staff has 12 notes, each position is a different note... how can this not be immediately clear?

Seriously, I am done talking to you.

9. duskwings

NO!!!! bloody fuckin dickhead,i can name u thousand musicians that can t read a fucking note,who play by ear,and they ll use enharmony according to the situation, because not being able to read music, doesn t mean not knowing notes..If u take bob dylan and ask him to play a note,he will,even if he can t read it.this just to explain u for the umpteenth time thatmusic notation has nothing to do with music theory,then u deny it by talking about the absolute, what s more thoeretical than the absolute?

10. duskwings

then shut the fuck up because u r stupid

11. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Ahaha... that, the ALL CAPS, the trouble of going through all my back posts at once only to downvote... plus the constant denyal and out of context re-interpretations of things I wrote to make other people think I've actually said things that I never did...

Those are clearly the weapons of a legit loser, be it in real life or the internet... it's a behavioral pattern that never lies :bleh:

12. duskwings

actually the one in denial is u, but according to u everyone but u here is confused...

13. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Blind leading the blind can lead to that sheep mentality situation, some people love it's "safety" and "predictability".

I am already under the impression that if a guy comes into an audiosex forum gathering and says "Hmm, this is some nice and fresh H2O you've got here", everyone will go "NO, YOU ARE WRONG!! THAT IS WATER!!".

14. duskwings

it s not your cae

15. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

[​IMG]

Holy shit, a chromatic staff representation... how are they going to worry about enharmonics? They are crazy!!

It's the end of the world!! :rofl:

16. duskwings

yes,that s the beginning, now u can start to learn to spell intervals to write chords when u r far from your daw and u can t use your piano roll

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  17. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

You really don't get the point of a chromatic staff, do you? You clearly don't and surely won't bother to look it up or understand any of that. If the staff is chromatic, then there's no ambiguity regarding note spelling (should've been obvious but yeah, you're slow..). In your mind everything has to be from A to G with the appropriate enharmonic considerations. If someone takes away those letters and accidentals from you, music ceasses to exist.

Yet, you don't realize how dumb your thought process is. You keep trying to justify the consequence (staff & it's rules) with the consequence itself.

Like saying "It is WATER because it is WATER, can't you see it? That H2O thing is shit, no one cares for that.. it should only be called WATER because that's what is right"

18. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Baron Blein's chromatic staff, devised primarily as a tool for harmonic analysis:

[​IMG]

Instead of the CONVENTION "A A#/Bb C...up to G#" you have the "0 1 2 3.. up to 12" CONVENTION.

I will transfer all my money to the enlightened soul who can prove me that this shit needs enharmonics, correct spellings and all that in order to make sense.

19. duskwings

only if u r supposed to spell them to use them within a context or to study,it basicaly covers everything.
    enharmony is not a rule of music writing and has nothing to do with the staff,i m tired to repeat u that it s a rule that applies to the study of harmony,but u dont want to get that and don t want to understand that enahermonic names would exist even if the staff had never been invented
    actuallly it s the opposite,it s your assumption that it s water because it looks like water that makes u stupid, then someone tells u that it s H2O,then u go to a lab and look for hydrogen and oxygen,and since it s oonly two elements and the scientists who wrote the what the formula of water is are all old farts,u mix it your way,and u have H2O2,u drink it and u finally fuck off because u drank hydrogen peroxide

20. duskwings

it doesn t need enharmonics, but each note there has a name, the fact that that name is a number is irrilevant, besides the ovtave is devided in 12,it s what i told u earlier then u reminded me to the same old thing u ve been writing for 15 pages