How to memorize the Interval chart like multiplication table

Discussion in 'Education' started by foster911, Oct 18, 2015.

1. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

foster911,

Looks like you aren't paying attention to what you read either. On my other post I wrote some topics regarding enharmonics. Read them again but this time pay attention to what you read:

2. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

of course, since that s the correct way.So when i come back and u tell me that the descendingfourth of Eb is A# and i can laugh for good

3. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Shit man... there's a world outside staff, did you know? Music theory IS NOT staff theory, wtf.

Interval ear training with enharmonic considerations should be fun to watch... :rofl:

4. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

I don't know what kind of interval ear training you've been doing if it involves note names.

Ok, keep beating the dead horse with your righteousness. Eb to A#, D# to Bb or whatever combination is and always will be a perfect fifth INTERVAL in absolute terms (7 semitones apart).

Don't have patience to argue with someone who disregards context only to be right.

Now go fuck yourself in the butt.

5. duskwings

then buy any ear trining book,course and u ll discover that they all use enharmonics, and guess , for ear training u don t always need the staff, sometines u r only given a note andu r supposed to sing the interval on it,and u r supposed to spell it correctly,not because the author of the course it s evil, but because u will need it.But again,it s pointless arguing about it with u,there are more eligible people who can teach how to larn intervals,and u r not one of them

6. duskwings

david lucas burge s method for example,ear master pro,any solfege book they make u buy as soon as u enter a conservatory,like pozzoli or panezio s scales.Actually every ear training method uses note names.
    So now shut the fuck up and start practicing,because u need it.
    And fuck off stupid cunt

7. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Shit, what an idiot.

I guess you'll die without understanding the difference between music theory and music notation.

It's impossible to explain you anything besides what you already know, everything else is incorrect for you.. everything is staff for you, I wonder how people got to find the interval ratios, they had no notes or staff... oh wait, note names and staff came AFTER to represent pitches :rofl:

I am out of here.

Edit: You must be a really insecure little boy, that's why you act like such with all that fear of being wrong or not knowing everything already...

The fact that you just took the time to downvote about 80 of my posts says a lot.

8. duskwings

Ok, u are retarded.
    Ive just said that u dont even need the staff and u insist that i m stuck to the stuff,what a dickhead are u?
    Ad guess,even if u refuse to use names to represent pitches, the have names anyway,otherwise,accordign to your stupid way of thinking one should use seven numbers because distances are absolute and they r worth for eveything independntly of the pitch.Too bad for u that if u wat to study intervals,and apply them to music, u have to give them names.
    And u r right,idiot,note names and staff came after.And do u know why they came?because numbers weren t enough to represent music

9. duskwings

And the thing that makes u even more stupid and makes u contradict yourself is the u insist that enharmony doesn t matter.Even if it didn t , who are u to decide that an interval has to be called one way and not another?
    why an augmented fourth can be called a diminished fifth?since u think out of a context,there s no reason why by default u define an interval in a certain way since it s not related to a scale ot a key but it s just a number of steps dividing two pitches.

10. duskwings

It says that u wrote more than 80 posts full of shit

11. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

yeah i see the merit in that comment, really duskwings ? I just looked the recent activity here to see what's going on
    and saw your FLOOD of "dumbs" :rofl:

12. duskwings

trust me, he deserves them all

13. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I'll just... leave this here..

cartargue.jpg

14. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

It's understandable from a person who refuses to acknowledge that music theory and music notation are not the same thing.

I have a friend who is an awarded and very sought after composer/arranger/conservatory teacher who has the peculiarity of thinking everything in C major.. in his head, the "musical view" is just C major that happens to be either transposed or in a different mode.

Maybe we should tell him and his clients (and students) that he is wrong, his music is wrong and bla bla bla. :wink:

Again, not knowing the history and the facts behind why things are the way they are can lead to this kind of tunnel vision dogmas. Not checking things for yourself just because you think you already know everything, well... that's a personal choice.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  15. duskwings

I was wondering when u would have played the friend/relative card to support your crap.If it s true or not ,i don t know and i don t care,but i invite u to go to his home, or to the conservatory where he teaches,take his papers( i assume he has) and tell him to correct them because what he writes is not absolute and he only thionks in C major,and spank him if u see him use enharmony

16. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

I am starting to think that your heavy bias is due to you being a fundamentalist terrorist. Really, can't think of any other reason.

Your reasoning is that of a crazy person who doesn't even listen to what others say.

Sad boy, sad boy.. :woot:

For the 80th time, music theory (as in the study of music, intervals, etc) has no enharmony and absolutely no need for it. You can even reference pitches by their absolute frequencies if you like. Traditional music notation (staff) HAS enharmony AND NEEDS IT.

I know, you're too dumb to tell the difference and you'll keep understanding this your way, not the way it is written. I find it amusing. :rofl:

17. jaganshi

jaganshi Ultrasonic

Actually it does make a difference. How much experience do you have with orchestral scoring? Most orchestral instruments do not use equal temperament, thus the pitch or frequency itself IS different. It sometimes also makes a difference depending how you play the note, different strings or different fingering.

18. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Holy shit.. are you trying to be another "troll"?

For the 81st time... talking about intervals and music theory is NOT THE SAME THING as music representation in a staff. Why do people keep talking about notation when the subject is intervals?

This is like trying to TALK to someone and the person constantly saying "I can't/won't understand what you're saying because your HANDWRITTING isn't very clear".

19. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

"You can have the proper knowledge about intervals and modulations without even looking at a staff"

This has to some kind of trolling lol

Anyone else wants to talk about staff?

Me neither.

20. duskwings

All music has harmony,the fact that u don t want to use names is a fucking problem of a moron like u.But if someone asks how to memorize intervals,it should enter in your mind that that person is supposed to memorize them correctly,thus with the correct spelling.
    Otherwise the terrorist who discriminates a sharp for a flat is u,now pleas fuck off or burst yourself