How to manually install GForce String Machine

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by MARJU GRLYO, May 17, 2012.

1. MARJU GRLYO

MARJU GRLYO Noisemaker

Hi !

I tried to install GForce Virtual String Machine but the installer crashes, I already tried to download it a while ago, but I didn't know enough about Macs in the past.

It's not a lot better today anyway ! :rofl:

But thanks you guys at Audiosex, I learnt a few things, now I know I can do it manually, so I copied Resources.cpt2 to HD/Library/Application Support/GForce/String Machine

I click on the installer then "Show package content", I can find the standalone application and plug-in versions. It's ok.

But the stand alone application crashes too. I tried to watch, try, copy this or that, replace this by that, delete this etc... I tried to read the error report and Googled some keywords but I still don't know enough to go any further ! lol

I tried to run it with Rosetta too, but not much.

Can you help me or give me some clues ? Or can't we fix it ? I'm on Snow Leopard, I'm talking with a user that manage to install it on Lion ! That's weird ! lol

Thank you very much :mates:

Ps : Oh yes, I as I said in another thread, I'm not new here, it's only a new account to be more discreet :bow:

3. MARJU GRLYO

MARJU GRLYO Noisemaker

One of our friend told me this, but still doesn't work for me lol :

So:
    mount the iso
    mount String Machine.dmg and copy "Double-Click To Install String Machine" to your desk.
    mouse right click on it and "show package content"
    open folder Contents/Resources/Installer Items (here the files you have to copy to your HD)

Now copy:
    String Machine.component to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/
    String Machine.vst to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/
    String Machine.dpm to /Library/Application Support/Digidesign/
    the above files as you know are the plugins for PT, Logic and Cubase, so you can copy only what you need.

Then copy:
    gflibdialogs.bundle to /Library/Application Support/GForce/String Machine/
    String Machine.app to /Applications
    Your Saved Patches Will Be Here.arse to ~/Library/Application Support/GForce/String Machine/Patches

Copy Resources.cpt2 (located in the root of the iso) everywhere you want in your HDs (this is the library file)
    Open the standalone, register with the serial and locate the Resources.cpt2 you have copied. The app will ask you to locate the above file.

done!

4. modulaire

modulaire Newbie

I am having the same issue, any clues on this ? Snow Leopard.

5. modulaire

modulaire Newbie

I've been reading in some forums and it won't work, too shame!

6. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ MARJU GRLYO & Modulaire,

I'm mainly a PC user so I don't faced directly this trouble, nevertheless I've found some comments that could maybe help you in some way. These are taken from the Official 'GForce Software' Homepage FAQ :

Does VSM work in Leopard ?

VSM works correctly in Leopard.
    If you have received your installation DVD and the installer crashes, an update resolving the issue can be downloaded directly from your account once you have registered your instrument.
    Registration is done via "My Account".

Does the VSM work in Logic 8 ?

Yes, but it's important to only use the stereo output when assigning it to an audio instrument track. Do not use the multi-outs or you'll get one of the worst sounds known to man coming through your speakers.

VSM validation under Lion ?

VSM currently fails Audio Unit validation when used with Logic on Apple's Lion OS.
    It works correctly if validation is bypassed. We will resolve this as soon as time permits.

Installer Error - The installer requires admin privileges to run

Please log in to your account on our website and, having registered your VSM, download the latest installer which will resolve the problem.
    There's one potential problem that can be avoided by doing the following. VSM requires a specific font suitcase to be installed upon your system, this is normally provided by the system software but installation of other programs seems to interfere with this font, Microsoft Office being a prime culprit.
    Please download the font suitcase *HERE*, and place it in the following location :
    Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts
    (NOT User/Library/Fonts)

Hope it help ! :wink: