How to make this synth trumpet? Or, where did this synth trumpet come from?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by adee, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Genry Frod

Genry Frod Ultrasonic

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. adee

adee Newbie

Thank you, Dr. Floyd, Genry Frod and everyone else - including Axvap, clone, Majestic, justsomerandomdude, nekomimiman, and orbitbooster. I think I have the tools I need to complete this task.

The video I linked is intended to be a reference, but I'll do more reading about these subjects, including FM synthesis, and come up with something close, but original. Blessings, and good luck with your projects!

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

It's always this good here. :) No matter what you inquire about, someone will know! My thinking about these things is usually very simple. I look at the date of the release, and then think back to what was available and what I would have used. It can be a drum set component used by some drummer from 1962. Or a bell type sound that makes me immediately think of my old DX7s. A Moog, a Virus, a Fairlight. A Massive Passive. whatever. Someone will figure it out for you here. Or makes good enough guesses to get you digging in the right crates. :)

4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Listening to position 1:30, I'm sure it's a synth. Sawtooth filtered by a closing lowpass, with both osc freq and filter cutoff initially modulated by a lower freq osc if you want it more real.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List