How to make this plucking sound from this song

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by auntyethel, Sep 1, 2022.

Tags:
  1. auntyethel

auntyethel Newbie

Hello all! First time poster here. The song in question in S N R U B by Dankmus, a Simpsons remixer.

Basically, I love the pluck sound from this part and want to make something similar. Anyone have any advice on what he might have used, if you recognize it, if you know of anything similar?

It's the chorus of the song, the main melody that plays at that moment.

Almost forgot to add, chorus starts at 0:51

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  3. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

its like a pulsewave sound I think. maybe a square with a little overdrive? the envelope sounds like it has been affected but I cant tell how

4. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I would look into Karplus-Strong string synthesis, which can be found in the awesome and free synth Surge XT. Select "string" as oscillator in Surge XT and play around with the amp envelope/ADSR (No sustain. 320ms decay). Then add a 12dB/oct bandpass at around 1.1khz and up the resonance. Add some reverb to taste.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  5. auntyethel

auntyethel Newbie

Thanks guys, appreciate it! I'm still new to crafting my own sounds so it's great to find a starting point :wink: