How to make this pluck?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Yur0w, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Yur0w

Yur0w Noisemaker

(in the very beginning)

3. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

Sounds like a single sawtooth with a standard pluck envelope.
    Attack at 0, sustain at 0, play around with the decay and add some release till it sounds good. Use the same envelope for filter and amplitude.

There is also a little bit of bitscrushing going on.

I would use U-He Hive to recreate this.

Naturally there is also some delay/reverb as well.

4. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

I notice this pluck a lot in video game music. I've heard Michael McCann use it a few times, especially in his scores for Deus Ex - Human Revolution. The Unfinished made a soundbank for Diva called Ex Machina that was inspired by the series. It contains a few presets that will get you close.

Here's one of my favorites from the score:

5. muaB

muaB Producer

thats kinda the goto sound for just about any genre nowadays. right along with that dubstep thing everyone just has to use to seem fashionable.

serum can make very sharp sounding plucks. but any synth that has a saw and a filter, really

6. On most classical ADSR envelopes there is no effective Release if the Sustain is set to 0.

A good sourcefor this kind of sound is often to be found in Arpegiatted patches when the arpegiation is turned off and the patch played as-is.

The secret of the loviness is the richness of the oscillator section, rather than the envelope which will typically be just off 0 on attack.

Many guys imitate us, but the original is still the latest.