How to make this old school Bass?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Dead3eatz, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Dead3eatz

Dead3eatz Noisemaker

I really want to make this Bass, he might be using TS404? or 3xosc can anyone do a tutorial on this kind of bass, it feels like the attack and decay has been modified am i right? is it low passed?

What makes it work so well? is it the kick and if so how do i program my kicks to sound like that EQ wise etc
    It's the offbeat bass.

Thanks

3. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

sweet late 90s _ BBE - 7 days and one week, and like thousand tracks more had almost the same

4. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

ask SeamlessR.... :rofl:

5. Baxter will eventually do his thing, hopefully and as usually, succinctly , with the grace of a ballerina and the strength of Ironman.

6. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Try a synth with a simple square wave. Play/insert the note F2 playing 4th-notes. Then add a lowpass filter envelope (fast attack, decay to taste, no sustain). Adjust where you want the lowpass filter to end and where you want it to start. Maybe add a little resonance. Play with it until you have a pretty nice "baaooww".

Then add a distortion. Adjust amount to taste.
    Then add a lowpass filter after the distortion (most parametric EQs have filters these days) and adjust the cutoff and slope to taste. Make a nice balance of lows (if there is any left) and upper harmonics created by the dist.

If you want even more bottom, add a new synth playing the same note/MIDI, but use a simple sine wave instead. Don't route it through the distortion and filter. You can tune the sine in any octave you want, even one lower (-1oct) if you really want some rumble. Then mix/blend it in with the "distorted and lowpassed square".

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Dead3eatz

Dead3eatz Noisemaker

^ Thank you so much i shall try that later when i get back :)

8. Crater

Crater Ultrasonic

That classic Hard Trance bass is not that hard to find... have u tried searching the factory presets of the synth you'r using?

9. turbo

turbo Ultrasonic

Brooklyn Bounce? :D