How to make this Brass

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Gsmitty, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Gsmitty

Gsmitty Newbie

Hey guys. I have a few sample questions. I have tried a lot of brass libraries and can not get this sound. How do I get a raw, deep, horn sound! What software is the best for this. Preferably with a tree (Stage/ambient) setting. Here is the link to the library sound I want.

P.s. I use kontakt alot, a kontakt library suggestion would be prime!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkX9EC3AvTg

Thanks! :)

3. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

The answer to your question is quite simple. You or someone in the mixing game have to perform some uber mixing to create the effect you want. Music doesn't start to take its complete sonic shape until it begins to get mixed. :hug:

4. Gsmitty

Gsmitty Newbie

Thanks for the reply bro. I guess what I was trying to ask is was there a library that made that kinda airy, deep brassy sound. However I do hear what you are saying. I could lay down some brass and then add some airy texture too it. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

5. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Maybe you could generate some subharmonics with Voxengo LF Max Punch or Refuse Lowender?

6. jiemayn

jiemayn Noisemaker

no no no you alll are wrong.. its violas at holding one note with the mute on the bridge.. then the closest you will get is ICENI

Ihttp://www.spitfireaudio.com/albion-volume-iii-iceni

I have this and its cool. Also its the mixing too... This seems to be live which you can hear the breaths, and recording anything live you have control of how you want it to sound with the right studio, players and room.

7. jiemayn

jiemayn Noisemaker

oh and do not mis construe what I was saying, its violas on mute, low brass with thin low bass ensemble, and room ambient microphone techniques.

8. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

There are crap loads of kontakt libraries that would do the job. But it's also more than just 1 instrument your hearing. What you think you hear is brass, and there is some but this is brass/woodwind/strings. The actual instrument you think your hearing as brass is a combo saxaphone [most likely tenor sax] and clarinets, ancented by a string section with some very soft trombone/french horn/tuba work.

So are your going to find a kontakt library with this exact sound? Probably not, since it's multiple sections. However, the default Kontakt library has all the instruments needed to recreate this. Garriton Personal Orchestra could do it too combining a few patches.

However even then everything else is just effect mixing chorus/reverb. The only thing to do in kontakt to help this would be softening the attack on the brass/wood winds and a very LOW velocity on the string section.

9. Gsmitty

Gsmitty Newbie

Thanks to all your suggestions! This was my first post and I am super happy with all the feedback. I think jiemayn hit the nail on the head. I need something fast and full, just like the library mentioned by him. :mates: Thank you all! :grooves:

10. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

LoL @ Brass its orchestral Bass Section and a dirty one at that too​