How to make these sounds

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by CARTOON, Jan 5, 2023.

1. CARTOON

CARTOON Newbie

What instrument is the drop in the song? is it a synth preset or sampled instrument ? south asian instrument ?
    0:43 - 0:55

3. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I would have to say this is an Indian instrument... my guess, from plowing through a variety of videos on different Indian instruments, is it's a Gottuvadyam (aka Chitra Veena). I'm sure there are some Indians here or people familiar with that kind of music that can say for sure what it is, but it is something stringed, and presumably with a slide. It is likely quite processed too. There's probably a few different commonly used Indian instruments that could be it, so I'm not 100% I got it right. It could be an instrument from somewhere else in Asia, but it's not a synth, no. Nepal? I couldn't find any instruments based out of there that sounded like this though.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  4. Uprock

Uprock Kapellmeister

5. badepapa

badepapa Ultrasonic

That sounds like a sarangi. probably played on Kontakt.

6. CARTOON

CARTOON Newbie

I scuffled through swarplug and dsk asian stringz ; in swarplug layered veena and sarangi with pitch glides ,removing plukiness from veena and enhancing bow strokes with eq ; emulated something but not the exact texture, might require further processing ,thank you all for the suggestions.