How to make that type drop ?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by james123, Feb 6, 2018.

1. james123

james123 Newbie

Hi friends here i posted a link ..plz guys help me how to make that type drop (its kind moombahton style), but exactly i dont know what this genre called ? any help

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  3. Magic Mango

Magic Mango Producer

4. spyfx

spyfx Guest

hi my friend @james123 :bow: if you're talking about the track that @Magic Mango linked here,i did this for you as a very basic example :bow: :
    so here it goes :
    the drums :
    Moombahton is a slow tempo genre(100-108-128bpm) & has elements of house & reggaeton .

kick & claps usually go togeteher,the trick with the hi hats is to do it on triplets (in ableton i used the triplet grid) & play with the velocity of them for a more natural & convincing feel so have a look in the vid of the drum pattern & copy it to your DAW of choice.

Chords are on the offbeat.

To support the energy of the track use a strong bass on the offbeat too, a low note sine wave bass is a good starting point or a bass as in the vid.

For the ethnic lead riff i cheated & use a banjo sound in the upper octaves :rofl:

For the vocals you can use any kind of vocal shots,your own ,or samples & get creative.

This little example was done in Ableton using some basic stock sounds...
    If you have no idea about sound design a good starting point would be Samplemagic Moombahton sample library :wink:
    I hope this will help you :bow: :