How to make that synth ?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Gaius41, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Gaius41

Gaius41 Newbie

Hi, I'd like to know what should I look for to get this synth at 4.25 (the lead melody, not the the synth in the background, well.. actually if you know what it is aswell it would be nice :p, this one is more audible at 7.00)
    I'm very new in the composing world so I'll be also very interested to know what software should I take to have that kind of beats!

I know it's a lot of sounds but it would help me a lot ! Thanks in advance.

3. xsze

xsze Guest

Well you need some virtual software synthesizer to start with in the box, I would recommend you to check out Lennar Digial Sylenth1, it's quality synth, good workhorse and light on CPU, friendly user interface and bunch of 3rd party banks and presets, I think it's most used synth among people.

For actual sound, I think you can get close with square waveform slightly detuned on higher octave(but don't take my word for it try different waveforms), with high pass filter and resonance, of course it just a starting point, you need decent tweaking to get there.

Pick some good synth and learn it pretty good, my advice is to get Syletnth or Zebra or Omnisphere as go to for everything and as quickly as you get your grip around the synthesis and know what you exactly want, to expand your palette of choices.

Choosing synth for job is personal, just find the one you find interesting, comfortable and enough to get results you are aiming for, some people like bmw, some mercedes, it's like that with synths too :wink:

Start with examining the presets, try to recreate them, but get your grip on synthesis ASAP, it's really essential thing to unleash your creativity and personality in your music :wink:

4. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Sylenth1 for your synth, and Reaper for your DAW, the following link should help you in learning how a synth works

http://synthstudent.wordpress.com/

5. Gaius41

Gaius41 Newbie

Ok thanks guys ! I'll try them in the day.

6. xsze

xsze Guest

I don't know is this useful at all, but if you are just really creative guy that are there to compose some piece and not think much about production or nailing some spot on sound, try Nexus, sounds are pretty much done and they are sounding good in your mix, you don't need to process them much and for fast solution it's the good deal, but for learning purpose and creativity, pretty much it's risky, you will get used to just search for sounds, than when you are bored with all of them you gonna buy more and time will pass by, you will wait for Vengeance to release new inspiration and sounds that are actually pretty much already done and used before and they are going to be used even more, because everyone else is in the same situation with them. :wink: