how to make that kick bass

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by tanoc, Mar 29, 2013.

1. tanoc

tanoc Newbie

3. xsze

xsze Guest

First thing that come on my mind is low pass filter, basically on kick and bass so you just leave what you want.

I would make this kick in Massive and for bass I would go for Trilian & Roland SH101-Deep,low passed it on 150hz and affect k&b from send reverb buss.

This is strictly what would I do, didn't tested, just intuition and of course I would spend decent time tweaking K&B :wink:

If you are not familiar with synthesis now it's time to learn, it's just that, tweaking till sounds right or you can write the list of things you own so maybe somebody can make you some preset and give you some directions further, I can't possibly know in which synth you are trying to nail this and what you actually tried, so my answer is like this, post more info about what you tried, some preview of your attempt, it's easier to help that way *yes*

4. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Sound To Me the Kick Has short reverb on it :wink:

5. minozheros

minozheros Kapellmeister

put a fairly long reverb on the kick as send and sidechain the reverb with a fairly long release. you can try to add a sidechained subbass (sine) to the reverb for more low end...
    move the threshhold on the compressor down as far as it goes, use a fast attack and the release open all the way, then you can shorten the release again until you have the pumping effect in sync with the beats. the threshhold also needs to come back up a little. The Reverb time can be about as long as you want it to be, just not too short. the longer, the more power the effect will get. try something like 10 seconds for a start maybe. you might want to put an eq or lp filter behind the reverb so you can remove the high frequencies of the reverb. You can use a different Kickdrum sound to create the reverb part of the sound than you use for the actual kick sound.

6. PYRUS MALUS

PYRUS MALUS Noisemaker

Sounds like a TR with too much reverb to me -- should be pretty easy to replicate w/o all the science described above (but WTF do I know)

7. DJ_Digital

DJ_Digital Newbie

reverb needs to be adjusted

go to our sister site and search for: Zynaptiq UNVEIL v1.5.0

that should fix your issue

specs:

UNVEIL is a real-time, de-mixing based plug-in that allows attenuating or boosting reverb components within a mixed signal of any channel count, including mono sources, as well as modifying reverb characteristics. Additionally, UNVEIL allows you to bring the key features of a recording into focus, or move them to the background, by attenuating or boosting perceptionally less important signal components. Based on our proprietary, artificial intelligence based MAP (Mixed-Signal Audio Processing) technology, UNVEIL allows fixing previously unusable location audio and dialog, tightening up live music recordings, removing reverb and “mud” from musical signals, as well as creative sound design.

8. seek77

seek77 Newbie

Sounds to me like a kickdrum and a "subbass baseline" in the backround
    (beside the reverb and sidechain components)