How to make godly lush emotional synth sounds like this?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Brendan, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Brendan

Brendan Kapellmeister

Even though yes, the weeknd one is pretty much all analog synths....

Are there any plugins you guys could recommend to get this sound? Or would I simply have to detune and adjust some parameters on a basic synth plugin?

The very first factory sound for iris 2 and then the dawn FM track just blow me out of the water personally. I'd like to make my own lush sounds (without copying). I can achieve it with TAL J8 or the LX... sometimes omnipshere. But I'm curious to see how the community does it?

3. lxfsn

lxfsn Platinum Record

Depending on how important the pad is (central piece or background filler) stack 2-6 sounds. a basic pad (or two hard panned) and various other sweeping sounds, all envelopes set so the sounds complement timing and timbre wise, all glued together with the same reverb and maybe some soft animator (like crystallizer, eventide or some form of soft granular). I don't generally chase "that sound", rather experiment and use what I have/what I can do. Less time tweaking knobs, more time making music

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. clone

clone Audiosexual

it sounds from the VCF resonance like it is possibly an OB-Xa. so simple detune is not all, because the "lush" sound in many of these style patches is because of variations between voice cards stacked up.

5. raxar

raxar Newbie

Try to use the u-he Diva for this one, also you can't go wrong with Arturia Analog Lab V (Weeknd's producer Illangelo uses these)