How To Make FM8 Growl Bass, Tutorial by Toonboy

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Toonboydigital, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Toonboydigital

Toonboydigital Newbie

[​IMG]

Here Is the You tube video tutorial, hope you enjoy. Follow channel for more tutorials...

My link

This is an introduction to making some interesting bass noises that I could not find on YouTube so spent some time working on them for you at home. I don't go into deep explanation as its better some of the tweaking is done by you instead of just re-creating what I've made you can come up with something original. If you are interested in Frequency Modulation Synthases and like all those Kill The Noise or Zomboy type basses then this is worth a watch as it will put you in the right ballpark.

Follow us on Facebook for exclusive tutorials and free music.

My link

[​IMG]

3. The Iceman

The Iceman Kapellmeister

thanks for taking the time to do that bro

4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I've heard it's best to growl into your mike and make a sample of it, then use that. But what would I know. :-/

5. Toonboydigital

Toonboydigital Newbie

I'm only aware of one technique (From a You Tube clip) which is using a bass drum microphone then distorting the hell out of it..! But who wants to put that In a record or hear it over a 30k sound system at that.! I guarantee that FM syntheses is responsible for all the fav sounds that we all love.! Half the producers are making these tracks on the move! Using a mac and headphone! Not flying round with a drum mic growling into it on a plane?

If you have a source for a demonstration i would love to see it as I do own a BD mic somewhere so would deff feed back on it..!

6. lekb

lekb Newbie

Nice one bro, interesting stuff and great bass sounds, all the best and thanks for the tute! :wink: