How to Make Dubstep (Growl & Monster)

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by freebeatprod, Oct 8, 2015.

1. freebeatprod

freebeatprod Newbie

Hello everybody
    Are seeking tutorial for dubstep sounds (sound Growl, Monster bass, Hard Bass etc. etc.) on youtube is full of tutorials for these sounds but there are hardly sounds professional ...
    I found the tutorial by SeamlessR, are very beautiful and they are exactly the sounds I search, the problem is that I do not have FL Studio (use Logic Pro 9 or X) and he creates his sounds with native FL's plugin
    (as VCX Channel Vocoder and others) would like to know where I can find tutorials of this quality utilizing plug in third-party or logic pro's plug in.
    any advice is welcome (I love the sounds of Skrillex, Zomboy, xKore, Savant, Knife Party, classic dubstep sounds!)
    I attach some videos SeamlessR

Thank you very much, I hope you can help me

ps moreover what is a good substitute for VCX Vocoder?

3. seml

seml Ultrasonic

4. mewoingtons

mewoingtons Producer

Virtual Riot:

Feed Me:

Check Seamless's newer vids, much better than the old ones that you posted. Occasionally he'll create bass sounds in Massive or Serum. Example:

Like the guy above said, Serums is great, as is Massive or Harmor. I'd consider just getting Harmor as a vst for whatever daw you're using if you're not interested in using it in FL.

5. statik

statik Audiosexual

thank you so much for posting this!!

6. muse2love

muse2love Producer

You can try to find the Image-Line Bundle on the sister site...
    You'll be able then to play a the little VSTi and VST's of FruityLoops in any DAW

There you go
    PeaceR

7. freebeatprod

freebeatprod Newbie

damnation are unlucky, I'm a mac user and use logic pro so do not think i can use the VST image line :unsure:

8. freebeatprod

freebeatprod Newbie

I know well Serum and Massive, but in video SeamlessR often uses VCX Vocoder and often uses techniques of resampling with Harmor (I can not find substitutes for these plugins).
    in this video, creates a amazing neuro / monster bass with a simple reese resampled in Harmor (I find it amazing)

how the hell do these sounds without harmor ??? :snuffy: :(
    Now I go to sleep, when I wake up, check the videos that to me have recommended.
    for now thank you very much!

9. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

Nearly all of the Fl Studio's native plugins are ported to mac. So as someone mentioned before check out the sister site cause we are not allowed to link to it directly. You have to start digging

Also you can use Alchemy that is integrated in Logic Pro 10.2+ or SynthMaster (also available). But only if you know what you're doing. Those two can be confusing for a beginner sound designer.

10. freebeatprod

freebeatprod Newbie

Thanks for the video proposed until now. unbelievable section of resampling of serum it can do! although I in my quick tests, I could not make a sound as beautiful as that of virtual riot :rofl::(
    if there are more videos or tips, I am super happy .. anyway thank you very much!

11. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

Massive, serum and most importantly FM8! are great for "dubstep" hard bass/growl sounds