How to make a stereo setup in Cubase 8.5? - Help!

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by phloopy, Nov 5, 2016.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Hi

Im having a really stupid question I know, but it´s ages since I´ve done this so I have totally forgot!

Im using a 8-figure mikrophone connected to my audiocard with one cable and I trying to make a setup in Cubase so I can have the signal in both right/left in my mixer - in other words I want to split up the signal in two channels inside Cubase!
    I know I can use a splitcable for this job, but I also know that you can do it inside Cubase virtually without a splitcable!

Anyone here who could guide me a little?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You are recording a mono signal to a stereo input and its correctly assigning it to only one side.
    In cubase you can go to connections and assign a new mono input bus.I assume you have only one stereo input currently in your connections?
    Or just duplicate the track,hard pan each track and add a few ms delay to one.

4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Thanks for the reply Von_Steyr......... hmmmm

Its a bit hard to explain what I´m trying to do here, but I´ll give it a try!

If you use a stereo mic you actually record in stereo if you use the 8-figure feature on the mic!

Im doing experiments with room reflections and Im trying to test an old recording technic for the job!

I need the stereo signal to be splitted up in two channels (left/right) so I can reverse phase either on left or right channel!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Perhaps go to the media pool, select the file and convert it to a stereo file.

6. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Nope thats not a solution.... I need a split (left/right) in the build in mixer in Cubase. Otherwise it´s not working as I want it to work!

7. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Just use a mono to stereo insert.

8. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

How?

9. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Sorry. My solution dont work neither.

10. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Thanks mate! Hope someone will, despite it´s weekend, help me out :yes:

11. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

i think you cannot record a stereo signal from one mike only

12. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

If your mic records in stereo wouldn't you need a stereo to mono insert or plugin?
    What Von_Steyr suggested should work except you select your stereo file, select import and you should have an option to split to separate channels.
    I'm starting to suspect you want to split your LIVE stereo mic input into two.
    Use a stereo to mono plugin on two audio tracks which have the same audio source (line-in).
    Haven't used Cubase in a while but there used to be a button in the Control Room near monitor that natively switched the channel between Stereo/Mono.