How to make a song in Eminor scale?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Meisam Radpour, Feb 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EEOC

EEOC Ultrasonic

It's funny that people still use a single scale. Single major or minor scales are for the general public not musicians.:deep_facepalm:

2. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

Yeah... no
    That's not how auto-tune works, you'll never get a different scale because the pitches always align.
    You'll probably get a more audible retuning effect if you try harder to sing out of tune, maybe that's what you meant?

Well my second guess is that is has nothing to do with E minor.
    Maybe post a video or find a local musician and tell him about your problem, because we can only guess what's going on in your mind.

3. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Use all the scales. All the time. I think it was Viv Savage who said that. Or Anton Weber.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Maybe this plugin from Waves is something for you:

OVox - Vocal ReSynthesis

Transform your vocal productions with the next-generation voice-controlled synth and vocal effects processor. Create a limitless palette of vocal morphing, tuning, harmonizing, vocoder & talkbox effects and beyond, with depth, clarity, and intuitive control.

www.waves.com/plugins/ovox-vocal-resynthesis#ovox-next-generation-voice-controlled-synth

5. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

1. Time is always the same - if you can't be passionate during the first few confusing sessions then you'll never be, horrible logic
    2. Typically the coolest sounds emerge when the musician doesn't really know what he is doing, regardless of skill level
    3. Your post just reads as someone who immediately turns his knowledge against total beginners the moment he acquired it to feel better about himself.
    Punching down is fucking embarrassing, punch up or at least control your lower emotions and you'll be better off.
    You can post comments like this all day without getting banned, just be prepared for people like me to respond.

First 48 bars of this quartet only use pitches from Eb natural minor, but I guess Shostakovich just wanted to impress the public that hated him already :^)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
  6. EEOC

EEOC Ultrasonic

Boring...
    These kinds of works are for the general public even from the composers.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  7. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

I know you'd find it boring since you're the general public and he didn't compose it for people like you :P

8. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

Yes, people like you scare the hell out of me, your opinion counts so much for me that i m starting to wonder how I will be able to see another dawn knowing that your benevolent yet resolute shadow looms over my actions.Now I know how the joker feels when batman is on his track

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. EEOC

EEOC Ultrasonic

I'm not a racist and hate them and my below comment is not a racist remark:

Russian composers are so strange. After a minute or two of listening to their works, people usually feel run-down. Now you as a cognoscente should have an explanation for this common phenomenon.

10. fransva

fransva Noisemaker

Hey Meisam,

Auto-tune just detects in which scale you're singing. And since I guess you are singing in Persian style, some notes might be out of scale. So don't pay attention and consider the overall tune of your singing.
    ina fek mikonan "song" ghablesh neveshti. ehtemal midam dari haminjur tamrine avaz mikoni. auto-tune faqat scale ro hads mizane. bazi note ha momkene tu scale/gaam nabashe.

Good luck !

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

Mh. The variety is so huge though, you have Tchaikovsky and Mussogrsky influenced by Germans, Rachmaninoff being the past chaser wondering why he was born in the wrong time, Stravinsky doing... whatever he was doing and Kapustin sounding... Japanese? Like Sakamoto or JRPG composers

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

If you feel so unaffected by my post then why did you
    1. Respond in the first place (rhetorical question, you just hate getting off the high horse :^)
    2. Didn't engage in any of my arguments?
    Gotcha mate.

13. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

you r right, why did i when ignoring you would have been way easier, i learned my lesson, farewell

14. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Of course, after all that Russian around with those composers everyone needs a good rest. (It's cognisant)

15. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Can we find the way back to the topic?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  16. EEOC

EEOC Ultrasonic

I don't know why my post got deleted. It was not off-topic. I just brought fransva's comment to your notice that for non-western tunings, auto-tune would not work as intended due to the diversity and probably unspecific frequencies of those tunings mathematically.

17. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Closed as obviously, some are not able to respect OP¡s topic.