how to make a snare and kick drum sound like this?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by goku223344, Oct 27, 2016.

1. goku223344

goku223344 Member

I hear this effect in a lot of songs, either to introduce the kick and snare, or to add variety. But how do I do it?
    The effect starts at the beginning

3. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

You mean the low pass filter sweep?

4. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

It's a low pass filter. It's automated. Very simple to do. It's an easy YouTube search away.

5. goku223344

goku223344 Member

I don't think that's it, it's more like the snare and kick are muffled not the volume is rising

6. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

A low pass filter doesn't change the volume. Which means you don't what one is. And should probably look it up first, before dismissing correct suggestions. Considering you were the one asking in the first place.

7. erreur fatale

erreur fatale Newbie

lol... We got a live one here.
    Holy shit. Dude, just give it up. If you are too lazy to learn the basics with all of the tools at your disposal, then its fucking hopeless.

8. erreur fatale

erreur fatale Newbie

It really pisses me off at times like this....I had to work the better part of a YEAR flipping burgers to save up for my first sampler. To make electronic music you had be serious as hell (or have rich parents). Now, anyone with an internet connection has access to the most sophisticated and powerful tools in existence, FOR FREE, IMMEDIATELY. People who are so lazy they can't even be bothered to learn the most basic shit. There's no commitment necessary, no work necessary. I'm just saying that sometimes it really chaps my ass when I read shit like this.

9. goku223344

goku223344 Member

For one bitch shut the fuck up, who the fuck are you. It's not like im asking for a step-by-step guide, you ass-hole. The shit I know I taught myself. And trust me I learned a lot. So for you to come in here tell me other wise is complete bs. If you have nothing to add to the conversation the door is on the right, maybe a couple of notes would hit you the way out.

10. goku223344

goku223344 Member

I'm not dismissing, and I know what a low pass filter is. It just sounds like it faded the volume that's all. and a low pass filter is most likely what i need, the sweep is not what I need, but thanks. Actual fuck that,it does change the volume, since it takes away frequencies. And I know for a fact, if i take away frequencies it changes the volume.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  11. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Highly inventive.
    The LP filter stand-still.

12. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

You do know the volume and filters can be automated at the same time? right? But if you know all these things why are you asking?

@Pinkman yep it's definitely a new one by far. The great LP filter debate of 2016.

13. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

It's....a lowpass filter sweep.

14. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

You can automate an EQ band set to low-pass.

15. MrMister

MrMister Ultrasonic

lol this conversation is so funny..

16. goku223344

goku223344 Member

i think you missed my point, LPF takes away frequency. In which reduces your volume. If you look on the settings it says. Freq, Gain, and Q. And the gain is set in db, which is volume. So yes i am lowing the volume for a specific frequency. But I already told you, the low pass is what i'm looking for. So why are we debating?