How to make a slider fluid?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Ellin, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Ellin

Ellin Kapellmeister

Hi all! I have a couple of mixer sliders that slide with difficulty. I tried to spray an electric reactivator but without success. Do you know a system, or a product, to make the sliding of the slider fluid?

3. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Depending on the mixer and kind of pot, proceed with great care or you'll ruin it, especially if it's motorized.
    This company will make the product you want to do the job but there are many different varieties and you'll have to figure out which is the best for your situation based on what you have:

http://caig.com/

4. Haliax

Haliax Guest

Does it contain trichloroethylene? That stuff is amazing at removing grease and residue from electic components

5. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

tbh if you did it thoroughly and it didn't help, your next bet is really to disassemble the slider and get any debris out of it. You can only do so much spraying liquids on it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

I've used a quick spray of WD-40 Fast Drying Contact Cleaner with great success, just be sure to use it with the long stem and not directly from the nozzle, just a quick squirt or two and move the slider a few times to lubricate it. This works great on all the pots on all your gear and guitars, this saved me replacing the pots on an old Gibson I had purchased where 2 pots were really hard to turn and now still work perfectly several years later.