How to make a saxy lead ??

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by SceleJohn, Jul 2, 2019.

1. SceleJohn

SceleJohn Producer

Hey guys, a little bit of back story first. I LOVE the sound of the sax since the day I first heard it. It's what got me into music in the fist place and I love it to death. I started playing sax a couple of years ago but I have been forced to stop because of uni (sound complaints). Since then I have been trying to make a synth sound that has the "spirit" of a sax, with no results. It literally has been months and I've gone nowhere. Does anyone have any idea how it could be done ? I would be appreciative till the day I die, if you can share any info on it.

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  3. DJK

DJK Rock Star

linnplug saxlab vst, if you can find it

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. SceleJohn

SceleJohn Producer

Thanks man

5. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

personally did not like that one, I would try Swam sax. Don't be fooled by its realism in the promo videos,
    thats easier gone then to keep after turning some knobs. :rofl:

6. genophyte

genophyte Producer

saxlab has a better bari and tenor than alto imho.

offhand heres an old track without me knowing too much about saxlab so everything is full blast with no articulation

swam is much better , but the learning curve seems to be slightly steeper and kind of a pain in the ass to track down the correct ones in vst form rather than the old mr sax kontakt

7. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Still using the old Samplemodeling saxes and the Yamaha VL70m. Sometimes with BC-3, sometimes with breath control CC re-mapped from the mod wheel played on the mod strip of an Arturia Keystep.