how to make a crystal clear, punchy sound

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by ocirn3, Nov 11, 2023.

1. ocirn3

ocirn3 Newbie

Hi all, not really a post about "that" sound, but still...
    These days, I downloaded the new free "Designed impacts" library by Boom Library. I was fascinated by the clarity these effects bring whilst being punchy and heavy on the low end.
    I was wondering whether the overall perceptual result of heaviness, thickness, and punchiness is more due to the expertly crafted mid-range and high-end elements giving an illusion rather than the low-end per se. I still have to analyse the frequency content with a spectrogram, but before starting my exploration, I would like to gain some insights, if any.

As a side note: any advice on how to manipulate field recorded sounds to reach such a clear and punchy low end? I've been working a little with Boom Library Enforcer, pretty decent results with it but there might be better/clever/faster/different tools and techniques out there