How to make a beat like this??

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by HamidShekari, Jul 5, 2013.

1. HamidShekari

HamidShekari Newbie

any advice or tips for making a song like this??How can i seperate kick and base wich they dont compete with eachother?
    this song : Example

3. xsze

xsze Guest

Check out this thread http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/5691-how-to-do-this-in-logic-9/ :wink:

4. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

it is a combination of Bay Area hyphy and glitch sounds like to me 808 Drums and Synth sound fx this is a Simple beat not much to it :wink:

5. HamidShekari

HamidShekari Newbie

You my friend means that i should pitch the 808 Long release kick??to achivie this base?

6. Me2audio

Me2audio Member

@ HamidShekari

what software are you using to make this?

there is many ways where you can get this kick\bass

in the answer made by Xsze you can see a video that shows you how to do it in two diferent ways,
    here is one more way to achieve that Video

you can achieve that with Equalisation(boost the predominant freq in the kick and cut the same freq in the bass)
    and with Side Chain Compression, are you familiarized with this?

here is a Video to get you started on this( its in FL Studio, but you can apply that techniques in any DAW)

you mean use low pitch\note\frequency 808 kick with long decay?

7. xsze

xsze Guest

Me2audio as always nailed the subject :mates:

8. HamidShekari

HamidShekari Newbie

yeaaaaaah Thats cool Many many thanks.And do you have any advice on mastering???is there any special EQ ing to achive this heavy base in mastering??? how the heavy base doesn't put down the vocals??Should i make it in a stable scale??it's on D# , does it have special mix or mastering reason?or they just wanted to sing on this scale?

9. Me2audio

Me2audio Member

@ Xsze
    thanks for the nice words :mates:

but your 1st answer was quite clear though :bow: :wink:

10. Me2audio

Me2audio Member

Mastering? slow down, that´s the last stage :bleh: look for Mastering in Audiosex or Google to learn more.
    you accomplish that in the mixing stage, here some eq tips Click in the video
    the heavy bass you mean loud or low note bass

you can achieve that by using side-chain, and most obvious reason is because the voice doenst reach the freq range (at least the predominant freq) of that particular bass notes, also you can use a hi-pass filter to remove some frequencies from the vocals, you can go up to 120Hz or more depending of the voice.

Click in Interactive Frequency Chart

you mean D instead of D#?

i dont think it has to do with a mix or mastering reason.. probably the singer was more confortable with D#
    --------------------

you can create that bass with a simple sinewave generator or a synth with one or more oscillators(Most synths will have knobs for Octave, Semi, and Tune), and choose the freq(or play the note),
    in this case is D# which will be 38.89 or 77.78 155.86 depending of the octave , check the chart below
    [​IMG]

-----------

here you have Roland R-8drum samples, inside you will find a wav with the name R8-808 3 kicks this includes 3 kick and the 3rd is the one that you are looking for. :wink:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/219049599/Roland%20R-8_2.zip

11. HamidShekari

HamidShekari Newbie

12. Me2audio

Me2audio Member

do that in mixing,