How to join multiple parts together created in different keys?

Discussion in 'Education' started by foster911, Oct 10, 2016.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

I'm back with another low level question so please forgive me wasting your time.:bow:

I made this one containing parts in almost different keys. I love all of them. Is there any way to join them together in a single track without using cumbersome modulation techniques have been discussed in Music Theory?

I also don't want to transpose them up&down because they sound beautiful in that key.

Really appreciated!:mates:

3. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. foster911

foster911 Guest

Brainiac! Always with new ideas. I'll mull over your suggestion.
    But Isn't there any kid stuff that would be easy as pie and doesn't require blood, sweat and tears all the way?:bleh:

Thank you!

5. lacont

lacont Newbie

Traktor now also includes its own key detection algorithm, and can even color-code these keys to the Camelot Wheel, a version of the circle of fourths (or fifths) available on Harmonic-Mixing.com. Previously, DJs had to use their ears, a musical keyboard, or a separate key detection software like Mixed In Key.Jul 28, 2014

Traktor Scratch Pro 2 tutorial - How to Mix In Key

6. foster911

foster911 Guest

Found this one interesting:

Guide:
    http://www.mixedinkey.com/HowTo

It's based on the "Closely Related Keys" and "The Relative Major/Minor Connection", the fundamental modulation techniques.

7. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Yes there is. Imagination. Kids are full of it.:hillbilly:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

+1 on transitions.
    There's literally tons of ways, it all depends on the context.
    Sometimes even a build up + crash will do. Sometimes maybe some vocals with silence, followed by the different key section.
    I don't know if the Mage was sarcastic or not, but the keyword here is imagination and testing out various things

9. foster911

foster911 Guest

There are 2 attitudes about the transition:
    1- Transition by complying with the harmony considerations.
    2- Transition using mixing techniques.

The second one is so diverse and electronic tracks may use it but please let me like the first one.:winker:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2016
  10. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Circle of fifths: if the segment fits, it sits.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Your thread started like this
    So I thought you were looking for n. 2

12. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

No, foster911 doesn't make electronic music.

13. Translate what you hear in your head, which of course points directly back to The Technomage's suggestion. Did your book tell you the first chord to play?

14. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

They are all close enough I think, they go well together. Just play them, it will be an intersting track :) No need to overthink things.

15. foster911

foster911 Guest

Yes, but I used cumbersome word. Just the easy ways. Anyway thanks for the comment.:bow:
    Why, I love electronic, just different view to it by mixing classic with electronic and I found it really killing myself.:bleh:
    I love imagination but have you seen the kids' paintings? It's not enough.:dunno:
    Just 3 first parts are close.

The intricacy behind this matter is unbelievable. Flowing smoothly through the chords is my main concern. When you have a good progression, you'd have a good melody and good every thing (I think in this way, I mean first the chords, then melody not vice versa). I personally think the reason for not creating mellow melodies, is not using the appropriate progressions beneath it. Yes someday in this forum, most people said that there is not perfect chords, but I say without knowing the chords philosophy, tracks will sound poor and imperfect.

Foster's statement of the day for reaching to the 1000th post::bleh:
    Styles come and go but the musics with rich harmony will never get outdated.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2016
  16. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Happy 1000th post!

For me, a musical composition with rich harmony is one that have a melody, pads, chords, stabs, counter bass, counter melody, bridges, syncopation, percussion interplay and overall instruments' interplay. That is rich. Indeed one can do awesome things with a single instruments (piano) or quartets but nothing beats the power of a full-on orchestra play. I don't have the possession of the classical terms so I used ones from dance music, but I could easily identify all the said elements in any classical composition universally recognized as being valuable (regardless if one analyzes a largo composition or a presto one).

However, cramming absurdly long chord progressions or multiple keys in a composition does not qualify it as "rich harmony". Perhaps you made that statement without necessarily wanting to follow it (because you didn't actually said that you want to create rich harmony after all).

So dear @foster911, what do you actually want to create given the fact that anything you could think of - and is pleasant for the listener - is already made, be it classical, jazz, electronica with all their experimental sides?

17. foster911

foster911 Guest

Does anyone know this person? I exactly need him/her::winker:
    [​IMG]

18. That was a fairly awful swipe @The Technomage and his painting skill.

I love imagination but have you seen the kids' paintings? It's not enough."

That is just your opinion and one that is not held by others, myself included. If you feel that your compositional skills are lacking and that you are unable to translate your imagination or feel that it is not up to the task, is not enough or hasn't the strength to propel your work towards a final goal with any personal satisfaction, so be it, but to use his painting to in a weird way to discredit your own work is in my opinion a very cheap shot and one that does not warrant comparison. I enjoyed the painting that he shared and expressed that in the post where he shared an example. In this case imagination was enough for The Technomage to compose a work that expressed a reflection of beauty that was well past your ken to recognize. As well, your opinion which was not asked for takes absolutely nothing away from the eye of the beholder, myself, superliquidsunshine. Shame on you for trying to embarrsse our good brother, logic notwithstanding.

19. foster911

foster911 Guest

Please don't be mischievous and don't tear down our friendship. By kids, I did not mean him at all. I love him more than you think.:mates:

20. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

So they took the circle of fifths, made it into a clock and called it a camelot wheel? I want a circle of fifths clock for my wall now. Erm, I mean a Camelot clock, I think

21. You singled him out and disparaged him. What am I to think? I am not being mischievous nor trolling but instead reacting to what you wrote. Who were you referring to then? What did you mean to say?