How to install Waves Complete v13 11.04.22 V.R

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by dl65875, Apr 12, 2022.

Tags:
  1. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

Windows 10 Pro

I've always used R2R Waves until now and I find V.R's lack of meaningful instructions frustrating.

So following the instructions in the txt file I have installed the Waves Central included,

Launched it, selected "Continue Offline", then you either have to Log In to Waves website and create a offline Installer but to me this is dangerous as Waves would notice if lots of dummy accounts were being created (a bit like the Pro Tools fiasco), and does creating an offline installer this way mean you have to down load the Plugs n shit from Waves?

So if I select Install from an offline installer (which I would expect V.R. to have supplied) it asks me for the location.

So I select the folder I downloaded into > 1 - Installer > Waves > Data I am presented with

cache, V10, V11, V12, V13 but there is no selectable file nd nothing that provides a list of plugs so that I can choose which ones to install?

I m probably being completely thick here but what do I do next please?

3. Nakki42

Nakki42 Noisemaker

I dont know maybe download and install the r2r one if you dont like to download from the waves site?

4. stmp

stmp Member

Hey! I'm using R2R's latest (Waves Complete v2022.03.13 Incl Emulator-R2R) and it just works BUT! it's an all or nothing sort of thing...no picking and choosing. I might look at the VR version myself just to see whats going on with it! Then I could give you a more meaningful answer...

EDIT:
    Quote:
    So I select the folder I downloaded into > 1 - Installer > Waves > Data I am presented with
    cache, V10, V11, V12, V13 but there is no selectable file nd nothing that provides a list of plugs so that I can choose which ones to install?
    End Quote

Here the folder to select is the Waves folder - not inside the Waves folder - the Waves folder itself... after you select the Waves folder a list will auto load of choices you can make... good luck!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  5. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

Your reply added nothing to the conversation.
    You opened by saying "I don't know", so why reply at all if you were unable to answer a question that has been asked.

Then you suggested downloading a different version by a different group if I do not like the one I have.
    Using your logic, if someone said "My car won't start", your reply would be to by a different make

I never said I did not like V.Rs version, I said I was having trouble working out how to install it.

I see that your a newbie you so I will say this, on here and as you do in life, if someone asks for help, do not reply making useless or sarcastic comments because ir make you look foolish.

6. breadd

breadd Kapellmeister

this would only make sense if you had to buy the R2R version

7. marveljam

marveljam Ultrasonic

Do or do not make an account with Waves. Your choice

8. Kubrickk

Kubrickk Member

I installed WC13.04.04.22.WiN just two days ago and I didn't have to make a Waves account. When It asks for you to choose the folder you simply direct it to the folder given in the instructions. Also it was done using the offline installer in waves central. It'll give you the option to choose what plugins packages you want etc I downloaded all of them. Also it failed at 23 percent the first time I did it and and I just restarted afterwards and they downloaded 100% the second time. My bad I realise this is the V.R version I installed! Also note this version doesn't run the waveslocalserver in the background that R2R uses. I prefer this tbh.

9. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

Thanks for all of the suggestions but nothing seems to work.

I installed Waves Central and ran it.

From the welcome screen I selected "Continue offline"

On the next screen I selected "Install from an Offline Installer - Browse"

On my computer there are only two Waves folders

C:\temp\Waves Complete v13 11.04.22\1 - Installer\Waves <<< this is the folder that I extracted the rar files too.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves <<< I presume that Waves Central created this as it was not there before.

I selected only the Waves folder and nothing happens

In V.R.s Instructions.txt it says

1. Go to waves folder and Install Waves Central and Run
    Check & done.

2. Select Offline Installer and Click Install from an Offline Installer
    Check & done.

3. Browse the Waves folder you downloaded (Inside : 1 - Installer)

So I went to and selected....
    C:\temp\Waves Complete v13 11.04.22\1 - Installer\Waves

4. Select the plugins you like and Install!

Nothing happened, no plugins to select

I am obviously missing something?

10. stmp

stmp Member

Best Answer
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, you are certainly following the directions properly. The only difference between what you did and what I did was that I didn't extract the RAR to the TEMP folder... I extracted to ''H:\Waves Complete v13 11.04.22 WiN - CE-V.R Patch''... Then I selected the ''Waves'' folder from within the ''1 - Installer'' folder just as you seem to have done... maybe try the rar extraction elsewhere??? Like your C drive???
    I will check back later to see how you are doing
    -stmp

11. VisionSierra

VisionSierra Ultrasonic

Get a Mac

12. Nakki42

Nakki42 Noisemaker

You made no sense and obviously the vr release is too hard for you so use something else

Funny that the best answer is the same as i gave you but it was not guiding you like a child

13. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

Now pal your just being insulting and by having to resort to personal attacks it shows your intelligence level.

What is funny is that you are the only one who thought my original post made no sense like the obvious prick that you are.

Go back to playing with your shrived tiny dick in your bedroom and pretending that your one of the big boys.

Better still fcuk off on to social media because that's where most of the trolls hang out any way.

14. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

You may have a point there stmp, I'll try it at some point tomorrow when I get a chance.

15. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

No chance :rofl:

16. bigbiggy

bigbiggy Guest

i wish I could find a magnet torrent for this cause the sister site links are at a ridic slow crawl like me tryin to run home after a marathon mcdonalds sesh, honey,it aint gonna happen :unsure:

17. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

IT WORKED, It makes no sense but it worked.

First I dragged my C:\temp\Waves Complete v13 11.04.22\ to C:\ root so it was, C:\Waves Complete v13 11.04.22 and tried again by selecting the Waves folder inside the 1 - Installer (Exactly how V.R's instructions said to do so), nothing did not work.

Then I dragged the 1 - Installer folder out of the Waves Complete v13 11.04.22 folder in to my root directory like C:\1 - Installer.

I opened Waves central went to C:\1 - Installer and Waves Central populated with the available plugins, I did not even have to select the Waves folder inside the 1 - Installer folder.

Very strange all told

But you never know, this tread may help someone else if the face the same issue.

Thanks to everyone who kindly replied and made suggestions.

18. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

This is called thread jumping - dont do it,:trolls:

If you want to ask a question then create your own thread.:suicide:

19. Nakki42

Nakki42 Noisemaker

You must be blessing to this forum too, you cant use the software and you get angry when someone points out there is a choice :D

20. Kubrickk

Kubrickk Member

He got angry at your initial non comment which provided nothing to his question. Afterwards you insulted him and came across like a condescending prick for no reason. Maybe just play nice with others and keep things to yourself if you don't know.

21. stmp

stmp Member

--------------------------------------------
    I'm so glad you figured it out! It's very important that we help each other out on this forum... Good luck in the future!