How to Install PC only Superior Drummer Presets on MAC

Discussion in 'Software' started by FadedShadows, Oct 14, 2017.

1. FadedShadows

FadedShadows Ultrasonic

[​IMG]
    The other day I found some excellent older Superior Drummer presets and I thought it would be cool if I can make these work on my Mac. Well, sure enough, it wasn't that hard and thought I should write this out and post here to help out my fellow brother in arms.

Here are the steps I used to make this workaround successful. I can imagine you can use the same process with other PC only presets.
    1. Install a simple instance of XP (you can use whatever Windows OS you have) on VMware Fusion.
      1. Alternatives: If you don't have VMware you can use Virtualbox or an old Laptop/PC.
      2. Please Note: I like to use XP because the file structures are easy to remember and it can run on a very minimal setup like 1GB of memory and 20 GB hard drive space.
      3. Snapshots: With VMware, you have the benefit of "Snapshots" It lets you preserve the state of the virtual machine so that you can return to that state. Makes for an excellent testing environment and if the OS gets messed up, you can go back to the last snapshot, and it's all nice and clean again.
    2. Install Superior Drummer 2 to create the correct file directories and registry locations, don't install the content, no need for it.
    3. Copy the preset files over and run each installer to install in your virtual Windows OS instance on VM Fusion or VirtualBox.
    4. Once done, go to the file directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Toontrack\Superior2\CombinedPresets
    5. Copy everything in that directory to the mac location which is in: /Users/Fn-Uber-Cool-User-Name/Library/Application Support/Toontrack/Superior2/PresetsEZX/Superior/CombinedPresets
    6. Then restart your plugin and VoilĂ  it works for Mac.

Ping me if you have any questions or need any extra help doing this.
    Cheers!