How to install libraries via NI setup/ pkg files

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by nickycigarella, Nov 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. nickycigarella

nickycigarella Newbie

Hey guys, I noticed some of the newer kontakt libraries come with a NI setup and a list of Pkg files that I am not sure how to install. After I install the library from the NI Setup there are still a bunch of missing files. The pkg files are showing up as internet explorer links and when I click on them a window opens for a webpage and then instantly disappears.

3. SEnki

SEnki Producer

You should run the setup exe file if you're going the installation route. I just extract the files from pkg using 7zip and manually add them in kontakt using the add library function.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. nickycigarella

nickycigarella Newbie

Oh ok thanks, yeah whenever I try using the exe over half of the files are missing for some reason

5. Illadelph

Illadelph Producer

This is bizarre..

The pkg files show up as web browser links?: is this a file-type association problem, or is there something fishy going with the file

Where did you get the download from?

As Noobonic stated, the pkgs are basically like zip files. you technically dont need to run a setup exe

6. nickycigarella

nickycigarella Newbie

They're all from audioz and vstorrent. Right I figured they'd pop up as power iso or 7zip but its an internet explorer link. When I extract it with 7zip it takes the appropriate amount of time but when you open the folder there is only one file it says: payload~ I clicked properties the type of file it just says file - I thought maybe the reason it was showing the explorer link was to browse the internet for a program that could open pkg files.

7. SEnki

SEnki Producer

Open the payload~ folder with 7zip. You should see the library in there. Make sure you do that for each pkg file.

8. nickycigarella

nickycigarella Newbie

Yeah there they are thank you