How to install Band-in-a-Box and all the accompanying stuff

Discussion in 'Software' started by Philman, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Philman

Philman Noisemaker

I'm stuck on something. Thanks to the recent postings of Band-in-a-Box RealTracks on Audioz, I have obtained all of them, 1-300 (some from other similar sources). Also from Audioz and other similar sources I have accumulated the Band-in-a-Box applications and Realband Pluspacks for all years 2012 though 2018, not to mention Real Band, Real Brushes, Real Combos, Songs and Lessons Pak, extra Styles, Bonus Paks etc.

My problem is...I don't know how to go about installing everything. For example, do I install the Band-in-a-Box application for 2012, and then install all the others in order? Will the newer one overwrite the previous one? Or is there another recommended way to go about this? And when do I install all the realtracks (on a separate drive) and all the other stuff?

Help with this would be very much appreciated. Thanks! Phillipt

3. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

Hi there!

Roughly here's what I do:

1. Install Main Programs: 2012, 2013.. 2018
    2. Install Realtracks
    3. Update Realtracks (get from site)
    4. Install Bonus PAKs
    5. Install other supporting PG program
    6. Install Sampletank 2 & Amplitube 3
    7. Done

On side note, 2018 has a Clean Up feature, basically, it will re-sort and re-arrange user folder. Might want to google on how-to.

I think that's it. I also want to thanks to all who introduce me to this program since about 2012. I did get myself a PRO version, didn't do RT much. Thanks all<3

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

[deleted double posts]

5. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

I want to give thanks specifically to the user @makaveli for his excellent work (assuming that he is a man) uploading all these more than 80GB of stuff to a free server with a good DL speed. Understand other releasers are here to win money, so that´s the reason beause I would like to specially recognize the work of this user. All 300 downloaded in a couple of days. Respect for him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Philman

Philman Noisemaker

Thanks so much for the BIAB installation instructions!! It was EXACTLY what I was looking for and I really appreciate it!! One question...you said to install Sampletank 2 & Amplitube 3. I plan to install the latest versions (Sampletank 3 and Amplitube 4). Is this OK?

Thanks again for your kind assistance.

Phillip

7. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

ST3 and Amp4 available as x64 only I think. I'm not sure if it will runs well with BIAB (x86) but you can try. I do not have the plugins. BIAB replaced ST2 with Ploque SFZ actually (since 2017), but we might find use on midi supertracks & other hi-q instruments patches as we had to do the installation from 2012.

8. Philman

Philman Noisemaker

I did find Amplitube 3 and Sampletank 2 so I'm good to go. Perhaps someone on the forum will know if I can use the newer versions, Amp 4 and ST3 with Band in a Box 18. Thanks again for your help!

9. Philman

Philman Noisemaker

Here's another question for Futurewine (and any other folks). To install BIAB you said in your answer to my post to install all of the BIAB applications by year, 2012-2018 (which I have gotten from Audioz, etc). Most of these application folders have some realtracks and sometimes a "master installer" for many of them with instructions to install other included realtracks one at a time. I got these online on Audioz and other similar sites like Magesy. Some of them have cracks and some don't. Perhaps the ones that don't have cracks don't need them for one reason or another. I don't know. Perhaps you know?

So I'm mainly wondering...couldn't I just install the latest application (2018) and then install all of the realtracks, 1-300, that I have separate from the ones in the application folders? Would this work, or do I need to install all of the applications, 2012 through 2018? I don't understand why because when someone buys BIAB today don't they just get the 2018 application? What do you think? I hope you (Futurewine) or someone else can enlighten me. I'm looking forward to your input. Thanks so much for your help!!!

10. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

Yes, you can. But probably you will be missing out many bonus PAKs and other PG programs that comes together with previous year installer. PlusPAK version is merely an upgrade to previous year contents. The only time we have full program installer was in 2012. Later years comes up as an upgrade.

In case you are installing from 2012, no need to crack/update/patch. Just work on to continue installing main program, and do the same with 2013, 2014.. until you reach 2018 (update/patch/crack there, on 2018)

"master installer" installs realtracks in batch so we dont have to click it one by one. Should save us plenty of time. Just take note it won't install all. In case you want to use master installer, check "install_log.txt" after completing "master_installer", just to see which of the realtracks has not been installed and need to install manually.

11. Philman

Philman Noisemaker

Wow! You are THE MAN! Thanks for the outstanding explanation.I will install from 2012 and then all the other years, and then crack/patch 2018 as you suggested. Unless I hear from you otherwise, I will use the available master installers (to save time) and add the rest, one by one, in each year's folder, and finally, just add what I still need from the separate 1-300 group of realtracks that I have. I now feel confidant to proceed. Thanks again! I really appreciate being able to install everything confidently! Thanks to you!

12. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

I’m currently in the middle of converting ALL the recent Windows realtraco releases to Mac. My machine has been converting WMA to M4a for 1 1/2 days straight now. It will be worth it in the end, but damn.. I really want to shed!!! Thank you for the install procedure. It’s a really frustrating program to install/upgrade without getting the familiar “missing style/realtracks” pop up..