How To Have Only "Wanted" Plugins w/ New Waves System?

Discussion in 'Software' started by GreatJobChamp, Dec 28, 2016.

1. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

Until the very last Waves update, I hadn't updated for 3 years. Now it seems like one has no choice but to install EVERYTHING!!..

Is this really true?.. or is there a way to get rid of the trash you don't use...

thanks guys and ladies : )

(Mac: Mavericks)

3. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

but why wouldn't you want it all, it's all soo good /s

You could just install it all, test out what you don't want, go to applications>waves>applications and delete the .bundle you don't want.

4. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

Of course he doesn't want all those hundreds of plugs in his dropdown plugin menu.

Install and run Waves Central>Upper "Install" tab in middle>drop down menu "Prepare Offline Installer">select platform and "All Waves products">move all>then hit "Prepare Installer" and wait for the download to finish.

Then:

0. Disconnect from Internet
    1. Run Waves Central
    2. Copy Installers folder (Waves) to desktop
    3. Open Wave Central from Applications
    4. Press "Install Product" > Select offline installer" > Choose Waves and point it to installers folder (Waves) which you put on your desktop
    5. Make selections of plugs
    6. Press install
    7. Install Patch (WavesLicenseEngine.dmg)
    8. Go to /Applications/Waves/WaveShells\ V9
    9. Press on Waves AU Reg Utility 9.6
    10. Make sure to add host block after successful install

"register.waves.com"

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

5. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

Do you not think I already know what I want and don't already?

I detest Waves as a company... but I can't help like H-Verb, IR-Verb, Multiband Linear, Maxx Bass, Aphex Aural Exciter, API, Dbx 160, Doubler, Doppler, a few Abby Road things, like the vari-speed whatever that is... I think that's it... maybe a couple more for "just in case."

I own most of Sonnox, all Soundtoys, most of Klanghelm, and have ABleton. I really need nothing, and am passed my days of "archiving" and mindlessly downloading stuff simply because I can.

Hooray oisinn!!! thanks a lot brother!! :wink:

I always turn off wifi, so I do not need to type the host stuff then?

Also, it seems confusing, steps 1 and 3. "Run Waves Central", then it says in step 3 "Open Waves Central from App folder?.. wouldn't it already be running cuz of step 1?.. I mean open and run are the same words?

WIll still try it, and am hoping it makes sense when you start doing it.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  6. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

All you have given me (if I am not mistaken) are the directions from the nfo supplied with the last two releases... which I would obviously have access to if I downloaded these...

It does not show you how to choose individual plugins. When the instructions say "Make selection of plugins," they mean from the following list:
    Abbey Road Collections
    Mercury bundle
    SSL 4000 Collections
    NX9
    DTS Neural Surround Collection
    88 Piano
    Infected Mushroom Pusher
    Scheps Parallel Particles
    Electric 200 Piano
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mercury bundle has 100 plugins at least... they fail to give me instructions on how to install ONLY the few I list in previous reply.

THank you for the time to try and help though.

7. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Lol you seem pointlessly defensive and contentious with people who are trying to help you.

rickbarratt gave you the correct way to do what you're trying to accomplish. I'd explain further but... why

8. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

I suppose due the fact that we are unable to show non-verbal cues, my reply was misunderstood, as I am not angry, or in any way trying to be jerk. I am sorry you have taken to be the case. :dunno: Probably should use all these emojis to create right emotions.

I even ended it with "THank you for taking the time" etc. and still, I am being dick?.. maybe my English not make good enough, not sure.

On other hand... Syd Barrett tell me to go waves/app/whatever and delete bundles I not want? I am not trying to learn how to delete entire bundles. Of the 2 bundles (Abby, Mercury) I want to get rid of most of mercury, but not all, and a couple Abby's I want.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  9. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

it doesn't show as bundles like mercury etc.. i said apps>waves>apps it's actually apps>waves>plugsinsv9

the file type is a .bundle
    so it says H-Reverb.bundle JJP-Guitar.bundle etc

10. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

I am not sure if the offline installer provided in the release gives you the option to tick what you want to install. What I am Outlining is how to download and make your own complete offline installer which contains every plugin from Waves to date. When you install that you can be sure of having the option of just ticking each of the individual plugins you want to use

11. TW

TW Guest

Not updated for 3 years ? You should defenatly install all - and give them 1 or 2 hours time for a rediscover. A lot of new great stuff was added in 3 years.

12. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Cool, all just a misunderstanding. Anyway, like rickbaratt explained, the "bundle" part does not to refer to their retail bundles. It's just kind of an extension they use at the end of file names (actually they are folders) which specify all the resources and variants of a specific plugin. For instance, Doubler might have a mono version, a stereo version and a mono-to-stereo version. All those plugins are part of Doubler.bundle in your Waves folder under program files.

When you go into Program Files\Waves you probably are reluctant to click on these folders because they have pretty little icons and extensions (i.e. "[plugin].bundle") that make them look like files. Unfortunately I'm not at my home computer, so I can't tell you what the exact location is, but I think you need to go into, like a "v9" folder as well. Poke around in there until you see the .bundle folders and either delete them or move them into another folder so that the waveshell will not detect them.

Edit: not Program Files... whatever the Mac equivalent is. These guys could tell you better than I can, since I only know Windows.

13. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

You are good man Cav Emp :wink:

I noticed, with the Waves install instruction supplied in nfo, there is this "Install" folder we are supposed to copy to desktop... if I fiddle-f$ck in there a bit, I find "Plugins" folder, and then all the separate "bundle" files for all the plugins waves makes :wink:.. now I am not sure if I should delete the one's I don't want BEFORE do installation?... or If I am try AFTER install... Cuz I tried one time (last update) to go into the Applications/Waves/ "then some other folder", and deleted bundles from their... but they still showed up in ABleton plugin list... HOWEVER, if you try to load one of the ones I deleted, it just won't load...

So I will mess with this and let you guys know... THank you SOOO much every one that pitched in :bow: :wink: :bow: :yes:

14. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

You are good man Cav Emp :wink:

I noticed, with the Waves install instruction supplied in nfo, there is this "Install" folder we are supposed to copy to desktop... if I fiddle-f$ck in there a bit, I find "Plugins" folder, and then all the separate "bundle" files for all the plugins waves makes :wink:.. now I am not sure if I should delete the one's I don't want BEFORE do installation?... or If I am try AFTER install... Cuz I tried one time (last update) to go into the Applications/Waves/ "then some other folder", and deleted bundles from their... but they still showed up in ABleton plugin list... HOWEVER, if you try to load one of the ones I deleted, it just won't load...

So I will mess with this and let you guys know... THank you SOOO much every one that pitched in :bow: :wink: :bow: :yes:

15. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Wait, they're still showing up in your plugin folder in Live? Did you disable the re-scan on every startup? If so, either re-enable it or run a scan. Better yet, go into Live's preferences, I believe it's the File & Folder tab, disable the external plugin folder, then re-enable it. This is the best way to be sure because, at least on Windows, the re-scan function is pretty hit or miss in Live.

Aside from that... I'm not sure what you can do. It's been a long while for me, and now I just have a few legit Waves plugs and none of their other stuff so I haven't dealt with the new installers for the R2R crack (or whoever unlocked the Mac version). However, I'm almost positive that all I had to do was remove the bundle folders :dunno: ... could be some quirk in the Win/Mac differences, which I obviously can't give any meaningful advice about

16. Keypad

Keypad Newbie

Do regristration online instead of offline on waves.com, use regcode afterwards as usual. That way you can install individual plugins easily.