How to get upper harmonics from an Bass Sound?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by AMERICUH, Feb 10, 2015.

1. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Well, if you are satisfied with the sound and just want to enhance the clarity of the bass try using SPL Vitalizer. I have a "hardware plugin" and use it regularly for such duties [not the tube one :(] . SPL Vitalizer plugin is no slouch either when you want cleaner results. :wink: TwinTube is good also, if it works, but when it doesn't use Vitalizer as it's far more versatile.

With it you can compress the bass slightly, or less slightly, soft or hard, overdrive it, add presence... I cannot think of a better tool for that. Just don't overdo it, be gentle with the settings and compare with the original often within the context of the mix, of course, not just solo. *yes*

He he, Baxter, people often forget that turning the low frequencies down effectively "boost" the high frequencies... ;) I use your tip often, first actually. Only if that doesn't work I reach for Vitalizer. It compresses the bass nicely. One needs to give it some time to get really familiar with it, though, and only then it really shines.

Cheers! :mates: