how to get this reverb

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by flexallnight, May 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. flexallnight

flexallnight Member

3. bigboobs

bigboobs Kapellmeister

It's not about reverb - that's a "simple" long tail reverb most time.
    There's a delay as well, that's what you looking for.
    I think it's a 1/1 (t?) time setting.

Over time, delay and reverb intensity are changing via automation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Lean

Lean Producer

Is similar mainly to like Ping-Pong Delay but how they have done it could be a number of ways. Panned L-R etc, is deffo tempo synced like mentioned above 1/4 i think but not sure bout that.
    Reverb is just pretty simple though it pretty deep as in mix setting and depth like bigboobs said.

Bit too much reverb for my taste and not sure but may have used some on master but a pretty simple effect to achieve.

Guitar is pretty standard chorus & time based FX without compression up front I reckon but can't be sure. In fact don't really like the guitar sound but that just a personal taste.

Overall sounds quite relaxing etc and pretty cool.

Others here that know far more about mixing than I do as my knowledge that way very limited so they will be able to help you better

5. Daz

Daz Guest

It's a nice verb whatever it is, but like Lean said a bit too much, and like Big said, the delay is changing over time, sometimes a low pass filter, sometimes a high and low pass filter or a small speaker sim on the delay.....nice easy listening track.

6. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

you can be my cocaine? hmmm

anyway.. yeah a bit too thick on the verb... would like to hear it with a different ( better ) mix...

he could try to come up with more lyrics perhaps too... :sad:

7. flexallnight

flexallnight Member

music is art the is no wrong lyrics or right lyrics its somebody expressing themselves. and i shouldnt be telling you this.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Which THIS Reverb???

There are different layers to it that al help to create the overall sense of the space. The Vocals, Background Vocals, The Guitar, the Snare - they all use more than one Reverb, I guess. Delays and Filters are of importance as well. Also, I wouldn't try to copy a certain mixing decision to another track just becasue it sounds cool. It has to fit or support the emotion as well.

To me, in this song example it seems, the Reverbs have been stacked on top of each other to make-up up for lack of additional instruments and compositional elements to fill the space and make it (more) interesting. It would be pretty boring without it. So in a way, a good use of Reverb ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@flexallnight yeah no need to tell me this. but.. you did !.. haha.. no problems..

Forest can sing what he wants..and snort what he wants, and he seems to be addicted to saying it over and over and over...
    was the main point... and of course the over use of the verb...

and also.. he's trying to SELL this stuff? good luck.. doesn't sound anywhere near pro..
    maybe he needs more than ONE kind of intervention

but that being reiterated, .. true.. I'm not a fan of drugs, nor celebrating them...
    tho I'd be lying if I said I never tried :bleh:

10. Daz

Daz Guest

I like his voice, and also the vocal melody, nice track, but the music does need some work, particularly the drums, also a short change in the second half etc.
    I'm gonna go check out some more of his tracks.

11. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Reverb: Use a long reverb. Filter out the lows and the highs (lowpass and highpass) of the source BEFORE you send/aux it to the long reverb.

Delay: Also bandpass (high + low pass filter) AFTER the delay.

12. flexallnight

flexallnight Member

he is not praising drugs its a metaphor... he music is doing great it sounds ok as it is and i thought this forum is all about positivity.

13. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I was positive ..just less so than others.. :winker:

I just fail to see anything positive about "cocaine" , filling in musical space with
    a wash of effects, and singing the same phrase again ad nauseum, and oddly enough
    all 3 are present in this track in abundance.. and then of course on SC the sheer "cheek"
    of thinking people should pay for it... now that was entertaining !

but then these are just a few of my many failings... feel free to find more and point them
    out to me.. guess I just don't know great art when I hear it ha ?

cheers !

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
  14. flexallnight

flexallnight Member

see thats the problem if you dont understand someones art it doesnt mean its bad,its not for you.. and a hook is supposed to be simple and repetitive and catchy (not every hook) if you want to really talk like that about other peoples art then post yours lets see what you make and i havent heard of your name or work. with all that lyrical knowledge who are you writting for and what song did you write.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  15. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Well you gotta admit, it fits the song better than methamphetamine.

EDIT:

Sorry. When I typed that, I didn't realise there was a 'discussion' about the lyrics with Flex..

Hey.. Flex and Herr. What's that up there????????

<<<Steps out of the conversation, and slips out the door sharpish.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@flexallnight

I wrote the lyrics to a song called " While my tallywhacker gently pees "
    with the hair of my balls in squid ink on fine egyptian papyrus ..

it's an underground hit.. don't tell me it's not creeping up the charts in Berlin ?

so.. @flexallnight are you admitting that you are actually Herr Forest?

or just simply the president of his fanclub, ( or just something else....)

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  17. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Don't take this the wrong way but Is there an instrumental version of it?

18. AwDee.0

AwDee.0 Kapellmeister

take the advice given and try a compressor on the sends too!!!

19. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@Sylenth.Will.Fall I am crushed beyond words.. ok m8.. I will ask the composer to release this fine track
    without my lyrical wizardry...

sadpat.gif

20. flexallnight

flexallnight Member

i see you are harlem shaking around the questions.....yeah i am k.forest asking how to get my own sound... education system failed (zondaschule) everyone giving advice is an artist and you a keyboard warrior.

21. flexallnight

flexallnight Member

@Herr Durr oh i dont like the lyrics oh oh they talk about drugs and drugs are bad .... oh it brings back bad memories oh oh