How to get the Tommy Trash Bass

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by axelvanboxtel, Jun 6, 2013.

1. axelvanboxtel

axelvanboxtel Newbie

I'm trying to get the tommy trash signature bass for a while, and I watched every tutorial i could find but nothing really worked as good as I hoped.
    Does anyone know how to make it?

3. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

how about a exact example (youtube, soundcloud & exact time) then we'll be able to reproduce stuff.

//

never heard a song from that guy until now, but it seems you talk about that distorted bass with that portamento!?

4. xsze

xsze Guest

Well, listened 2 tracks for 15 seconds, just to hear the bass, but I guess the part you can't make is the processing part, which is actually refreshing, it will stay somehow his signature sound or whatever, but again we are on forum, so U He Phaser,manual mode,wet 100%, feedback and frequency put on 0 for starters and flick operations til you are satisfied with selection, than start tweaking like you mean it, don't settle with replicating anything, make it even better...also slap some saturation/distortion to actually make that sound out of the saw, that it's the magic of U He Phaser :wink:

Well, you can transform any saw with little processing into something totally original, slap some distortion, degrade the sound, don't think about nothing just experiment, try anything you have in disposal, don't just stick with "that's that sound" go further, he didn't stopped either, many people made great things just going beyond the norm, try everything :wink:

Slap Waves c4/c6 and even go beyond that and slap one instance even on k&b buss, no dynamics, just plastic razor sound that is cutting like a warm knife trough butter *yes*

Also apply all that to mid/hi layer, make another sub part, because you are going to have pretty fucked up situation down there after so much processing and removing that will give you better results on actual sound too , not mentioning good controlled bass *yes*

And one last thing, maybe I'm wrong, it's possible, but everything I wrote is just results of me experimenting and just going full on applying 10+ effects and just tweaking, I guess there is somebody who can tell you what exact steps you can take, but it's really fun and the best feeling when you just make it on your own doing everything totally different and with totally different tools, that's just good times to be alive :thumbsup:

5. axelvanboxtel

axelvanboxtel Newbie

Thanks for the help guys!

Really getting close to the sound i was looking for. I wil post some sounds with my results when i can find some time. That U He Phaser is a beast!

6. axelvanboxtel

axelvanboxtel Newbie

Sorry about that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8qgA2uGW_Q
    I was talking about the portamento bass yes!

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

First time online using all my senses when I'm reading a post. :rofl:
    Put a fucking bow on it, it's perfect. :mates:

8. xsze

xsze Guest

Ahhhh stop you Catalyst, made me blush :mates: :hug:

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

You made me feel, we're even. :mates: :hug: