How to get that Sound?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by nick1980webb, Jul 30, 2012.

1. nick1980webb

nick1980webb Newbie

hi guys I was just wondering if anybody konws how to emulate the fluctuating pad sound in ushers i need a girl? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQfm4qLc-U8

3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

First you need equal parts of curcuma, ginger, cumin, coriander, a bit of chilli, so you can make curry. Then you get yourself a nice TL Audio Fat Track, unscrew it, and put the curry all over it. Then connect your favourite synth to the Fat Track and see what happens. ;) Whoa! 2000 hochoomas down the drain! yay!

On the serious side, you know what an LFO stands for, is? When you modulate a sound with an LFO it becomes wobbly just like this. It's not even close to being a science. Simple LFO Crap. However, I think you're actually referring to how spacious it is and that, my homie, is a science: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haas_effect

Delay one side of the stereo audio 10-20ms to your taste, and you'll have it. No big deal. It's actually a rather boring and common mixing technique... Voxengo freeware "Sound Delay" plugin can help you with that.

I wouldn't expect anything creative from a hip-hop producer anyway... I knew it had to be some really standard hoshitas.

Cheers!

4. nick1980webb

nick1980webb Newbie

ok im wondering how the low frequancy ocilator is doing 2 octaves?

5. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

one thing i can tell you for sure, you won't get that sound if you keep typing with CAPS LOCK on *no*