How to get that additional guitar sound effect?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by MINIGUNPUNK, Aug 28, 2022.

1. MINIGUNPUNK

MINIGUNPUNK Kapellmeister

Hello Everyone! How can I get that effect of a synthesizer on the guitar? It is the lead that helps to tighten and enrich the guitar sound
    Help to crank up such a sound in any VST synthesizer, I will be glad if you help (and yes I generally try to match the sound of this group)
    I think the synthesizer is clearly audible at 2:16 minute

3. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Producer

Are you wanting that drone/alarm sound or that chunky thump sound?

The alarm sounds like a layer of saws, some pitch bending and a dash of verb.

The thump sounds more like somewhere between a 808 and a moog ish sound run through distortion. Best I could tell on my phone speakers though.

I may have a serum patch around here that I use for heavy synth guitar tones that probably wouldn't be a bad spot to start.

4. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

pretty sure that's just a parallel DI bass track with a ton of ugly distortion. You can get similar results by getting the bass (or guitar, if you like) through something like a distortion pedal (real or vst) and nothing else, like, no amp sim. Or you could just use a dedicated saturation vst and drive it to hell.

5. DontKnowJack

DontKnowJack Producer

That sounds like a filtered alert sample. I would just try to find a similar sample, run it through SerumFX and some distortion then pitch it down to taste.

6. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

Easiest thing ever that I've been doing for many years, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, you have your guitar channel on which you can use any Amp Sims and effects and a midi channel on which you can use any VST instruments, Effects and plugins, then blend them both together or switch between either. I bring a laptop with a Behringer USB interface to jam sessions and thicken my sound with low latency plugins like the Tricent or Deputy synths from Full Bucket. Throw in some FX and you will never be the same again. Even though I am just a guitarist I now have access to any other Instruments with this, only you have to adapt your playing to some instruments so there is a learning curve on some instruments. You'll now be able to take real synth solos whenever you want, no more instrument restrictions. A new world of possibilities, hope this answers your questiom. Check out the jam origin website.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. KendrickHerimann

KendrickHerimann Newbie

After years of searching and research, I have found that the picks you use are also extremely important. For example, I use custom guitar picks from this site and ask them to be made exactly how I want them to be. Once you identify your style and understand what you want from your music, it will be easier to purchase and find accessories that match that style. However, don't forget to use quality products as well. Sure, they may cost a little more, but trust me, it's better, and after a while you'll realize it's worth the investment.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  8. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Distorted, filtered and reverbed synth which has a pitch envelope. Or you can use an alarm sound and pitch envelope it to taste. It's also ducked a bit to the hits.