How to get free FAT Channel Vintage Channel Strips in Studio One 4.0.1 R2R?

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Bunford, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

At the moment Presonus are giving away the vintage channel strips bundle of modules for their FAT Channel for free instead of £235 until 10 August.

When checking, it appears the store only allows "purchase" of this free bundle if you have specific products registered on your account.

Is there any way to get these to use in the R2R version of Studio One 4.0.1 from the sister site?

Here they are: https://shop.presonus.com/products/...Plug-in-Bundles-Vintage-Channel-Strips-Bundle

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Man that's a freaking awesome gift from Presonus which I wasn't aware of. I got Studio One 4 Pro a few days after it came out, it starts to be a very interesting daw imo so I also got this one, and I was indeed able to get the bundle for free.
    Can't test the compatibility with the R2R version since I run a legit one, but if since it's the pro version and if the R2R release includes the fat channel (the modules run inside it), maybe it will work ? :dunno:

4. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Whooah! Thank you for the heads up mate, I could of easily missed it!
    Just added it to cart and automatic discount was applied. Got it free with Studio One v4 Professional :wink:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  5. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

You just need a Presonus account that is logged in, add to cart & check out. Will only work on machine downloaded to (uses machine ID).

Maybe next internal release will offer solution for everyone. Thanks!

6. meow

meow Guest

My account says i have Studio One 3 Artist, i'm not sure if it's worth the try, compared to Ableton Live?

7. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

When I try to install the file oen the [K]ed version of S1 4 I get:

This file does not have a valid digital signature.

8. CDLF

CDLF Ultrasonic

@huschiwuschi You could supply those files to the groups - they might or might not create a patched version then...

9. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

This isn't totally true. You need to have an eligible product registered to your account too, such as Studio One 3, Studio One 4 or one of the StudioLive desks. Otherwise on checking out it gives you an error saying you can't purchase as you have no valid licenses on the account.

• List
  10. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Yes... It should be obvious to most people that you would need at least a demo product listed on your account. You can then register on-line or, click the 'off-line registration' link highlighted in red.

11. mono

mono Audiosexual

The thing is the demo version won't let you activate any addons even the free ones
    and all do you will still get the keys, there no good to you untill you buy studio one.
    They also won't work on the R2R version over how its patched.
    So its good news for some and bad news for others,
    i thinks its a good Marketing Plan that they came up with.

12. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

For sure.. I find it a little disingenuous that it not stated clearly that you must have a registered (retail ?) version of S1 3.5 or 4.

What seems like a clever marketing plan at first can turn into rust quickly, not gold.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

My s1 4 already have the FatChannel available, or is that another one ?

14. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

They are additional modules you can then pick in the fat channel

Like so : [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

not really, a commercial dev with robust products will not just "give" them away for nothing ,
    and it's a bit naive to think they would.. however, for the price of SO4 Artist , you can add the FAT Channel plugs to your cart too for $0..for that alone I am considering dropping a bill for this daw.. and why not..there might be a good deal on a future upgrade and I already got some sweet content as a bonus.. from Presonus.. :bleh: ( pardon the gratuitous rhyme )

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2018
  16. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Ok i see , it ads models !
    I have these:
    [​IMG]

17. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Thanks for the heads-up, Bunford, even if it is a bust for people who aren't legit. I hate to say it, but--much like UAD--good for PresSonus. It's difficult to find a way to safeguard your stuff in this day and from a purely technical standpoint, I have to give them a nod.
    I have to say that I really don't understand quadcore64's view on the topic:
    Why would it be necessary for it to be clearly stated? I would assume that would fall under the blanket of common sense. If you can only use the plugin in Studio One and they aren't condoning the pyrating of their product, then it makes perfect sense that their presentation of a free item is *solely* for people who have legit, purchased copies.
    That being said, the Fat Channel's additonal modules are dope, but I can survive without one more plugin (especially since I'm a broke motherfucker with a "borrowed" copy of Studio One, for the time being, anyway....,) and, I dare say that we all will survive the lack of yet another plugin. even if ten out of nine of us have a bad case of the Just-One-More-Plug-in Syndrome. :rofl:(Calm down you plug-in crazed bastards; I didn't exclude myself from that circle. :no:)

18. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

I was referring to anyone who has a legit earlier copy of Studio One (<3.52), the basic free version or, the current demo.

As I had the current S1 4 demo, the FAT Channel would not authorize even with the downloaded license file.

19. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Everyone is missing the point.. It is either "free" or, requires a cost.

20. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

Free for registered owners of paid versions of studio one.

No point missed by all those above, who get it.

21. ampworks

ampworks Producer

How do you make these Gif animations, i need this in my life?