How to Get Falcon libraries to show up under Soundbanks

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nick Bellagio, Sep 10, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Nick Bellagio

Nick Bellagio Member

How do I get my libraries to show up nicely like this so I dont have to keep going back into my folders?
    upload_2023-9-10_13-44-52.png

3. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Check your preferences > SoundBanks config. It's way easier to have only ONE central location for ALL banks. Make an entry there that points at the root folder where all UVI banks sub folders are located. On that entry make certain "indexed", "recursive", and "automount" are all checked. Restart falcon and click the down arrow next to "SoundBanks" in the right hand pane. Assuming you have all your UVI banks recursed under that one root folder you configured, all your banks should be there now along with any new ones added. Falcon will auto scan that folder structure so when a new bank is added to the line up it will automatically show up as a soundbank. For the sake of sanity name the subfolders the same as the .UFS file name.. It's way easier to keep track of that way...

ex.
    <drive:>/UVI Soundbanks (root)
    <drive:>/UVI Soundbanks/Soundbank-one/soundbank-one.ufs
    <drive:>/UVI Soundbanks/Soundbank-two/soundbank-two.ufs
    etc...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Nick Bellagio

Nick Bellagio Member

I got everytyhing showing up but as soon as i hit the dropdown menu for soundbanks 5 seconds later it crashes my program. It wasnt doing this before it only happened when i tried loading bohemian violin and i removed bohemian violin license and bank and its still doing it. EDIT- I think i figured it out there was another library in there crashing it for some reason also i removed it and its working thanks

Last edited: Sep 11, 2023