How to get around Copyright Shit on Youtube?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fat Bob, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Fat Bob

Fat Bob Newbie

Hello,

Had a shit load of vids I posted/uploaded on PooTube many months ago.
    got the same old emails from them saying Your video may have content that is owned or licensed by xxxx etc..

No action is required on your part; however, if you are interested in learning how this affects your video, please visit the Content ID Matches section of your account for more information

Anyway they shutdown mt account.. Not happy because I had a load of personal vids I made my self uploaded..

I have just uploaded a vid now and 5 mins later the same old copyright email.. Okay it was a test i.e music by John Williams.

But the later included all my videos I edited myself but they still closed my account

I Don't know how a lot of folk can get away with big hollywood type uploads when I cant?

Update, WMG has now blocked my vid/music Great

Cheers

Fat Bob

3. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

I dont use Youtube a whole lot but I know someone who ups plenty copyright material. When he gets 2 strikes, he abandons that channel and sets up a new one, that way the remaining videos stay up forever (on the old account).

Thats about as helpful as I can be regarding youtube. Sorry mate.

4. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

My suggestion would be to not upload personal vids to a channel your going to upload copyright violated vids to.

:thumbsup:

5. Fat Bob

Fat Bob Newbie

Aye,, You are both correct on each account, Its a shame I Do alot of stuff off the cuff now and again for my friends in Canada and many for my my Bro..
    he likes his superman "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM8zRSBZnNs" Sorry you will have to copy/paste..

6. Fat Bob

Fat Bob Newbie

So how do you/they get away with this? Dont Understand

Beyond me..

Fat Bob

7. mstodge

mstodge Newbie

The end of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtXWD9zHDsY should help you.

I've had this along with a few others posted for a few months. I didn't get an email like you got.

Regards
    Mark.

8. TkiD

TkiD Noisemaker

I'm not sure if this will work with video content although they seem to think so, but it may be worth a try, something like this:

From Tamike on Yahoo Answers
    Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

yes, there is a way to get around it!

first, you must understand why your video is being rejected. youtube has contracted the services of a company called "audible magic" - an RIAA sweetheart which has developed special sound-recognition software that can identify any copyrighted song

every significant music distributor (and now film and video, too) sends its content to AM to be logged into the database. so AM’s database is always up to date with millions and millions of files to compare. AM has (and has continually improved) “fingerprinting” technology that can recognize that content, even if you ripped it at a different bit rate, removed the first ten seconds, or recorded it off a jukebox at a bar

but i have found a method to successfully "trick" AM's detection algorithm!

first, you will need to download a free audio editing tool named "audacity" here:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download…

make sure that you also download the "LADSPA plugins 0.4.15 installer" for audacity because you will need the included plug-ins!

open the copyright track of your choice in audacity and select (highlight) the entire track

then go to the "effects" menu and use the "change tempo" effect to either slow down or speed up the tempo (you only need to alter the tempo slightly)

you can adjust for changes in pitch by using the "change pitch" effect. so, for example, if you had to slow the tempo down, you might raise the pitch to compensate

your track will sound slightly different to the ear, but you will defeat youtube's obnoxious AM copyright software!

9. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

hmm.. sort of defeats the purpose.. eh.

10. TkiD

TkiD Noisemaker

Yeah, maybe your right, but the guy needs some help? Thought it mite be of some use. :dunno:

Sorry to hear that WMG blocked your content Fat Bob, missed this bit.

11. Fat Bob

Fat Bob Newbie

Youtube works off sound recognition me thinks just like soundhound but in wave format just like on my phone,
    But there auto recognition is rapid... You can take away all your mp3 tags before your
    upload & it dose not work...

There is no dude sat there at Youtube HQ Going through every upload.

Fat Bob