How-To Fix, Native Instruments Replika Gui Problem

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by Introninja, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Simple,
    Click the link
    Choose your Language
    Click Download
    Choose your Operating Version: x86/x64 or Arm (Note: If you have an x64 windows install both x86 & x64 versions)
    Click Next
    A download Window will appear save it to your desktop (or wherever you want to save it)
    Install it

Open your Daw, load Replika and voila it's working. Your Welcome

Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good Day!!!!

P.S. This may even fix other vst apps that were giving you Display Problems.

3. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Still crashes Studio one , at least for me :(

4. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Hey, Mykal

Is there an error message along with that crash?

5. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Also won't work as far as I know on Win 8 & above if u stuck with the crappy Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
    Needs open GL 2.0 or above which near impossible (as far as I know) to implement on certain machines depending on your graphics chip. Have read & tried certain workarounds but on certain machines they not working.
    Is one of the things that badly designed wrt windows 8! Other plugs such as Nugen suffer the same problem.

Works fine on windows 7 tho *yes*

6. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

No error, it hangs then S1 shuts down

7. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

The new update is out!!!!

8. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

same problem

9. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Hey, Mykal.. thanks for keeping in touch :wink:
    Did you happen to Reset the Blacklist? after you tried the fix and/or the update in S1?

10. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Works fine here. Haven`t found the time to try it before, so I just installed 1.2.1.
    On Win 8.1 with S1 Ver.2.6.4, the Visual C++ 2013 in x86/x64 is running, already. And got a neat GF GTX750 (pretty new PC).
    Thank you Introninja, your post made me go for it! It`s a fantastic delay, hope everybody interested in get it to work.

11. Resonance

Resonance Newbie

tried v1.2.1 on win7x86, ran the new install reg tool and it still want's v1.0 installing first, I'll get round that I expect but not sure it will run yet
    I'll try win7x64 tomorrow too, see how that goes

win7x64 installed like a breeze, the v1.2.1 x86 dll runs ok just by copying it over to other system without install required
    I grabbed v1.2.0 and ran that so I could have the presets too on x86, just to test I ran v1.2.1 installer after and it went ok too.
    Thanks to R2R it's another nice bit of kit, no problems with nvidia GForce 610

12. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

yep!!

13. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Hmm... Which graphic card are you using?

and is your drivers up to date or at least recent?

Nevermind< it must be an internal problem, see here

REPLIKA - Official feedback and questions thread

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the forum for the Replika. We're very interested to hear your feedback. Before you start, please read the note below from the FX team:

Please Note: Due to a technology switch, Replika raises the bar with its requirements and still has a few issues that will be fixed in an Update.

1.) Requirements
    Replika requires graphics hardware support for OpenGL 2.1 - if you see any issues on your computer, please download and install the latest drivers for your GPU. This can be necessary even if Windows reports them as up to date.

Drivers can be found here:
    Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
    Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
    AMD/ATI: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Replika requires Mac OS X 10.8 or higher.

On Macintosh computers, Replika only runs in 64-bit hosts. If you can't see Replika in your plugin-list, your host is probably running in 32-bit mode. To change that, localize its .app file, then right click > Get Info > uncheck the checkbox "Open in 32-bit mode".

This doesn't work for ProTools - on Mac OS X, Replika requires ProTools 11.

If you are using Replika in Maschine 2, please update to version 2.2.1 .

2.) Known Issues
    On Mac, there are still a few problems that we don't have any influence on at the moment - we will work on getting these fixed for a forthcoming update:

a) In Cubase and Reaper we have seen a scanning crash during the very first startup after installing Replika. This only happens once, then works fine.

b) We have seen random crashes when unplugging Replika. These were reported for Live 9, Studio One and Reaper. In Logic 9, this can happen when dragging the plugin between slots with multiple instances open.

c) In Cubase 7.5 there is a crash when closing the host, but no data is lost.

d) In Studio One we also have several smaller problems; on Windows as well. Full support for Studio One will be provided with an upcoming update.

Despite Replika being a delay, we worked hard to make it happen in time for the holidays instead having it delayed - and we're quite sure you will enjoy it a lot.
    However, should you feel severely affected by any of the aforementioned limitations, please stay calm and wait for the update

Have nice holidays / Christmas / New Year's or whatever else you like to celebrate in your corner of the planet! :)

Best wishes from Berlin,
    Your NI effects team

14. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Yep is one of the most frustrating things because it an excellent delay.

Is definitely not been developed right tho. Works fine for me on windows 7. Tried it on windows 8.1 on two different machines.

As I was aware it was an open GL issue like with the nugen plugs. So depends on your GPU etc.

However first time i loaded it (all official) install it crashed both Reaper & cubase & subsequently crashed it. So i tried total uninstal, just extracted the .dll from the 1.2.1 update put that in my plugins folder & hey presto it shows up, gui no problems & asks for authorization.

So yep thought ok as I had uninstalled so total reinstall & authourize and it works fine 2 or 3 times in Reaper & then third time or so opening it it begins to crash it again!

Is so annoying because it a known issue but the way they gone about it all wrong. Even with updated drivers it will still be impossible on some older notebooks to run as you need open GL which like I mentioned u can't implement on certain machines yet on windows 7 it works fine.

So all in all nice one NI for giving away a great sounding free plug but reckon they might think it thru a bit better in future. Maybe they can sort it with updates in the future but because of the open GL issue it will never work right on win 8 machines running the basic display adapter & they will need a total re-think that way.

Shame really & is all this open GL crap really necessary for plugins. I couldn't really care for the graphics if it sounds good unless it for then reason as in the same way nebula utilizes the memory of the GPU etc to run the plug yet is it really needed for a simple delay :dunno: