How to fix large blurry GUI in Kontakt 7 Portable

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Majestic, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Majestic

Majestic Rock Star

How to fix large blurry GUI in Kontakt 7 Portable

Your Kontakt 7 Folder > UserData > Settings.cfg

Open Settings.cfg in Notepad

Add the following text to the second line:
    QT_ENABLE_HIGHDPI_SCALING=dw:0

I don't know if there is an applicable fix for Kontakt 7 Regular, but I'm assuming there's a way.

Screenshot (287).png

Cheers.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Julio Lara

Julio Lara Newbie

Bro i have the same issue, and with analog lab too

4. Sunbursts

Sunbursts Newbie

Would it be possible to use these settings to make the Kontakt GUI bigger? On my old Windows 8 computer Kontakt has a good size but on my new Windows 11 computer with higher resolution Kontakt is too small to work with. I tried changing some of the numbers in the Setting.cfg file but haven't found anything that worked. I wouldn't mind if Kontakt became a bit blurry just as long as it got a little bigger so it would be easier to read.

5. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

You can set QT_SCALE_FACTOR to a value greater than 1 or QT_FONT_DPI to a value greater than 96. I couldn't make either one work in Settings.cfg, but both work as environment variables in Windows. It's very blurry though.

Windows settings -> search box -> advanced system settings -> Environment Variables -> New (top half) -> Variable Name -> QT_SCALE_FACTOR -> Variable Value -> 1.3

You need to restart your DAW afterwards. Oh, and the resize handle will be off-screen.

6. Sunbursts

Sunbursts Newbie

@xorome, thanks so much, I will try your suggestions

7. RealBananas

RealBananas Kapellmeister

Then there is of course another alternative called "integer scaling" for pixel perfect upscaling, but it requires a multiple (like double, triple, etc.) amount of pixels with regard to the original window.

https://tanalin.com/en/projects/integer-scaler/

- Let's say you use a DAW with Kontakt as a plugin in floating mode (i.e. it is in a separate window)
    - Start IntegerScaler
    - Drag the Kontakt window to a size of less than a quarter of your screen (for example 1000x600 pixel)
    - Press Alt+F11 and Kontakt (the last clicked window) becomes 4 times its original size (for example 2000x1200 pixel)

Note: if your window is larger than a quarter of your screen then it cannot be upscaled in this way.

8. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Portable by vkDanilov in Helper directory has a helpful tool for graphic problems with Kontakt - GUI Tweaker.exe
    Try different modes some will help you

[​IMG]

9. Sunbursts

Sunbursts Newbie

Thanks so much everyone, I will check everything out.

10. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I resorted to using the WARP mode via the GUI tweaker and it seemed sharpest.
    Still not as sharp as Kontakt 6 portable, but better.

This adding a line tweak seems to have no effect for me screenshots side-by-side with Kontakt 6 vs. Kontakt 7 using Direct 3d or WARP. Adding / removing that second line seems to have no effect on sharpness for me.

11. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Apparently 7.4.0 comes with scaling built in?!

12. srdmusic

srdmusic Newbie

Kontakt 7.7.0 has implimented scaling but it's poorly implimented and is still very burry.

I've been looking for a portable Kontakt 7.7.0 installer but there doesn't seem to be one out yet.
    Does anyone know where I would put this Settings.cfg file in a normal install? I can't find the UserData folder anywhere in the AppData or Program Data folders.

I we have to make kontakt 7.7.0 a portable install, is there any one here that knows how to convert a normal Kontakt Installer into a portable one?