How to Find Vocalists

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Rockdaset, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Rockdaset

Rockdaset Newbie

Anyone out there who produces progressive trance, house, electro and pop know any decent up and coming female vocalists? I am not new to the industry but I need to find some vocalists.
    I have considered putting a flyer out in the rave scene and clubs here and even having my own local "Pop Stars" or "American Idol". I know everyone is looking for that next big voice. I am not looking for the next madonna just a working artist or up and comer who wants to start making money.

If you sing and you got chops that are right for my genre then reach out and lets make some music.

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Soundcloud.

I get contacted through Soundcloud, and I contact songwriters/"producers" (on Soundcloud) if they want/need vocals on their track (since I "hear" melodies and such in their instrumental tracks).

4. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Soundcloud, Facebook Groups, or any other music related facilitator hangout.

5. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

Google! :rofl: jk... :)

6. Rockdaset

Rockdaset Newbie

Ok guys thank you, I am not a newbie and I value your time but I am not lazy either. I am asking for people on this site if they are vocalists or know any who want to make some banging tunes.
    I would never post a question without doing fundamental research first.

7. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

I was joking around, without bad blood... :)

...and I also know frustrations of searching vocalists, so I wish you the best luck!

ps

did you tried on youtube? there is many talented people out there that are doing covers of his idols, maybe one of them is even willing to collaborate with you, who knows... :wink:

8. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

http://www.musicianspage.com
    I have found a pretty well vocalist via that site. I made a job post there and she was the only one who wanted to join. Before that, I have talked to at least 3-4 singers and they don't give me an answer after I sent the instrumental :} So, be careful if you wanna try that site.

9. Rockdaset

Rockdaset Newbie

Thank you for at least one valuable comment. Geez is this board here because people want free shit or because this is a real music community? Sharing is caring people!
    Anyhow, luckily enough my music opened doors I though I would never open. So I am good thank you all.

10. WillieKush

WillieKush Newbie

craiglist lol maybe soundcloud tho

11. Rockdaset

Rockdaset Newbie

What a great idea, go to my local bars with bands and catch the low hanging fruit.
    Thanks for thinking outside the box.

12. eheavy

eheavy Member

Check out your local record store if you have one in your aria. You can also create seminars for singer songwriters. Also look for singers outside your ganres . I find folk singers are amazing to use for pop, dance n rnb because they are lyric driven

13. Rolma

Rolma Guest

The low hanging fruit, lol, is our fate, if you live long enough!

This reply is not meant to be helpful, relevant or clarifying at all, with that I don't want to decrease the good name of this community, but since you post in a forum so varied, chances are that people might be rude, boring or entirely disappointing. There is charm on it, the type of perversity found everywhere really.

Sarcasms a part, if you really like the vibe of this community, I suggest to listen the AudioSex album (some tracks are sung by women) or tracks from Our music section, where it can be found a lot of material, including female voices. You might pm them.

14. scottymacg5

scottymacg5 Newbie

Check out MusicXray[dot]com, You can actually have people submit auditions for your selection. If you cant pay for that try Myonlineband[dot]com whereas you can collaborate with others (Vocalists) to get your next great voice.