How to extract individual plugins from Waveshell?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tombou, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Tombou

Tombou Newbie

Hey guys.

I've been using Waves Complete 12 for a long time now and recently decided to update it.
    I've tried VRs and R2Rs Waves Complete 14 Version but with both I can only use the Waveshell (with Waves Complete I was able to load up every individual plugin into my DAW) but that comes with 3 problems:

1. I don't want to open up the Waveshell everytime I want to use a Waves plugin. It's a complete waste of time imo.
    2. I can't even distinguish which Waves plugin I have on my mixer bus because now all Waves plugins would be called something like WaveShellx64_14 or whatever. When going through a project, I would always have to open up the plugin first, in order to see which Waves plugin I've used there.
    3. The Waves plugins in all my older projects now don't work. (because I can only open them through Waveshell)

Is there any way to fix this?
    Any way I can get the individual plugins back, so I they also work again in my older projects?

Thanks in advance :)

3. Xenon

Xenon Producer

http://hypercube-software.duckdns.org/softwares/vstwrapper

4. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

It sounds like there is an issue with your DAW, a location issue, or OS issue.

State your OS and your DAW(s) in which you have tested this.

Your DAW should scan the waveshell and see all the plugins, and then list them individually.
    You should test in another DAW (or host).

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Some kind of misinstallation, maybe even a bad release. I would uninstall even a freeware that needed to be wave shelled/wrapped every time it was instantiated. Waves shouldn't operate like freeware.