How to eq and process a leadsound

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by protonica, Jul 26, 2022.

1. protonica

protonica Newbie

I try to make music in the Psytrance genre. I’ve noticed that my leadsounds sounds quite weak compared to samples of leads i find at splice.
    I’ve imported some of these leads from splice and tried to come as close as possible with equing my leads to ger a similar sound. Could this be a way to get a better leadsound? How could i improve my leads even more? Using compression?

3. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Much easier if you'd attach examples of what you're going for and what you currently have.

4. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

Like xorome said: attach some examples, otherwise it's almost impossible to give you good advise.

Just to give you some general advice: psytrance is pretty transient heavy music and I've found that Newfangled Audio Elevate is second to none for stuff like this. The adaptive transient shaper+clipper combination is superb, as is the EQ/limiter.

OTT should also be able to get you a powerful and forward sound, but it can easily ruin the tone if you don't know how to use it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Could be EQing, compression, distortion, layering. As the other said...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List