How to download vids from Vimeo [Win7 Firefox]

Discussion in 'PC' started by cheeseman909, Jul 1, 2017.

1. poly

poly Platinum Record

2. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

I use mostly https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter
    Does Utube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, Instagram, etc... in mp4 video or mp3 audio whatever you prefer. :wink:
    And if I want a whole bunch of Utube stuff while surfing the site, I will use Firefox's Flash-Got AddOn from Giorgio Maone, the dude who made NoScript.Really easy: Right click the symbol and choose the resolution. Be careful to choose 720p, because higher resolutions don't have audio stored with them. I think Utube stores 1080p and above resolutions without audio for storage space reasons? Anybody has more info about this phenomenon?
    J Downloader also works fine, but I found the others to be better solutions for me. :bow:

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

video downloadhelper doesnt work?
    is it a HLS Stream?

4. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

5. stoiximan

stoiximan Platinum Record

6. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Guys, GUYS...! You are not listening before ..writing.
    You are offering him 100s of download managers. He CAN download the video:
    He just gets this watermarked/protected video. They don't want you to have this video offline (for obvious reasons - you could upload it to some torrent/ sharing site or anything..) I bet Vimeo itself is offering this protection service - but here I might be wrong.

So the only solution is grabbing the video at the video card level (while watching it online). FRAPS and other realtime video capturing software (mostly for game capturing) can do it.

7. cheeseman909

cheeseman909 Ultrasonic

Thanks Matt777, you got it. Most people don't read my answers.
    I have to use an Browser-Addon like "Video Downloadhelper" but he uses watermarks!
    I tried the Addon "Flash Video Downloader" and he find the streams (3 different resolutions), but something got wrong whole downloading.
    Same with Flashgot!
    ClipGrab is no Addon and can't do the job (please read above).

@ArticStorm: It is not Apples "HTTP Live Streaming", just checked.
    If I use "Video Downloadhelper", it says "DASH-Streaming": Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH). Maybe this helps!?
    This Website only use vimeo-streams.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  8. Hypereal

Hypereal Newbie

Any way to download password protected private albums? I want some juicy production tutorials

9. ArticStorm

hmm maybe try this here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/complete-youtube-saver/
    it supports DASH Stream, otherwise maybe extract link from HTML? (probably tried already?!)

10. ArticStorm

why you use the converter anyway? i always leave it inthat format it is.

11. cheeseman909

cheeseman909 Ultrasonic

Hi ArticStorm: I already tried "Complete Youtube Saver" with installation of FFmpeg, but he can't find any DASH stream :-(
    Even restarting Firefox he couldn't find anything :-(
    Why I use the converter for Downloadhelper? I don't want to use it, but I can't disable it. I checked the options and can't find anything
    to disable it.
    videostream and audiostream is seperated files (.VDH) and will joined by their converter.
    Answer from developer:
    There isn't a way to disable aggregation in the current version.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  12. mag666

mag666 Kapellmeister

Well, it would have been helpful had you mentioned in your first post that you were trying to download a protected stream from twitch.... and then most of the answers you received could have been more informed and therefore helpful.

So, given that is what you are trying to do.. Fraps or something similar will do the job... as i do not think any of the downloaders can handle protected streams.

13. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Protected sites have all kinds of different protection/encryption systems.

MPEG-DASH-Streaming also enables different sorts of encryption/DRM..

How are the Videos on this particular site protected?

14. cheeseman909

cheeseman909 Ultrasonic

@mag666: Many tutorials are running about 2 hours and in the past it was very nice to download it and watch it later with my MediaPlayer offline.
    With capture programs like Fraps you have to watch the whole 2 hours and hope nothing go wrong. That's not what I want :-(
    @Mainzelman: I'm no expert for excryption. Today I found out that it was am Mpeg-Dash-Stream from vimeo.com.
    I'm not sure if the videostream is protected, but you need to loggin with your credentials into the page and only then you
    have access to the videos. You can't copy/paste the vimeo-links into a standalone program or website.
    That's all what I know.
    Guys, I made a peeplink to the webpage: http://peeplink.in/ab76bc16e667

15. Olaf

Olaf Platinum Record

You cannot download the video (file), since there is no video (file). It's a stream, so that DownloadHelper needs to convert it to a file and unfortunately this is not a free feature. Moreover you are basically limited to browser add-ons, because you need to be logged in.
    I don't have any experience with anything else than DownloadHelper for Firefox, but there are some other similar add-ons for downloading media, also for Chrome/Chromium. Maybe you could try some of them. Or maybe even this JS if the segments in the JSON file can be accessed without authenticating (but I doubt it).

16. cheeseman909

cheeseman909 Ultrasonic

Hi Olaf, you made a good summary!
    I checked some add-ons for Google Chrome, but they don't find something to download!
    Maybe "Vimeo-dash-downloader" can work, but I don't have an idea how it works.
    Is it a java-script I have to import into Firefox?