How to download from Usenet and sister site - part 2

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by northwinds, Mar 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northwinds

northwinds Kapellmeister

As the original thread was locked I am opening this one to post a query I had after reading it and the related links.

I've got sabnzbd installed but clicking on the link to get the nzb files from the sister site does not work?

3. northwinds

northwinds Kapellmeister

that was helpful!

4. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

Unfortunately, I think the thread the mod has been linking to before closing related new threads isn't very good. I mean, you could continue discussion there, and maybe that's the mod's intent... but that particular thread doesn't really provide any good info. This one is probably a lot better info (after you run a translate): https://audiosex.pro/threads/usenet-mirror.57436/#post-532084

I could be wrong, but I don't think the sister site and Usenet are linked in any way. I used to use the newsgroups (aka Usenet) all the time, so I'm very familiar with them.... but I think the Usenet links you see on PeepLink are actually just advertisements. I honestly have no idea why they're in every Peeplink post, but they do nothing now. Maybe they used to work or something, but I've never heard anyone talk about Usenet outside of people asking 'how do I do it'.

If Usenet worked, I would definitely be doing that too, but again, I don't think the sister site posts are actually posted to Usenet as well. Anything you find there will be at your risk as who knows who's uploading what there and where.

5. northwinds

northwinds Kapellmeister

Thank you for a genuinely useful reply!

6. syrius

syrius Member

It is very difficult to find anything or without viruses in the newsgroups these days. Up to 4-5 years ago, you could simply use a newsgroup search engine to search for what you are looking for and find it. Now everything is obfuscated and the posts are spread in a lot of different groups that are no linked to what the post is. If you do have a premium newsgroup subscription, then you can download the alt.binaries.sounds.utilities index. I can say that you can 'safely' download anything posted by captain salvo. His last post is from 1215 days ago. Yuu will need a newsgroup client to do that such as grabit or newsleecher. Good luck.

7. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Closed.
    I sent you a private message.

If anyone have questions about this, please pm me.