how to do this in logic 9?

Discussion in 'Logic' started by paraplu020, Jan 21, 2013.

1. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

hi guys, i need some help with probably something really easy for the people on here, check out this video called "808 Kick Trap Secrets", i really like how this guy made his stuff sound @ the end, but he's doing it in ableton using plugins i don't know the equivalent of in logic... so can someone explain to me how to do the exact same thing in logic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRja5Z4iGJ0

it's weird eh, sometimes i watch way more complex stuff without a problem, but then you come across something like this and you need help haha... hope someone on here doesn't mind helping me out *yes*

thanks in advance!

3. fuad

fuad Producer

ok so basically what he did was just make a deep bass kick using a single sine wav...you can use any kind of synth that you have, either logic's built in synths or something like sylenth 1..i'll talk talk about sylenth since that's what I have..all you do is select the sine wav in the first oscillator, turn the retrig to on..turn all the volume envelopes (ADSR) all the way down and then start to bring up the decay until it starts to hit like a drum..then adjust the release time to get the tail that he talkin about..the longer the release the longer the tail...you can add some drive and/or distortion if you want for some extra crunch or cool new sounds..then basically after you do that you just draw in the notes like he was doing on the piano roll just like any other instrument..use logic's compressor in the fx chain to also do what he did and make it boom..the reason this seemed more confusing is because he was using Live's built in synth which is an fm synth, which means you actually have to tune the waves using frequencies..i hope this helps, lemmy know if I can clarify things some more or if you're still confused

4. GanjaRa_

GanjaRa_ Newbie

well he is just using a synth with sine (es-2 should do that), a sampler (esx-24), a compressor and an eq..
    nothing speecial, easy to do in every other DAW