How to do this electro bass line style

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by manight, Feb 19, 2013.

1. manight

manight Newbie

I'm trying to do an EDM piece for fun wich is a mix between commercial dance and electro (awful stuff I know :dancing: )
    Anyway... I don't understand how this bass is made:
    (listen to the demo when the bass and beat start)
    http://www.soundstosample.com/info/Hy2rogen/Sylenth1_Soundset_Vol5/4789

It seems to me that there is an heavy sidechain on it driven with the kick with the release on time. BUT then there is this double note now and then wich goes out of the sidechain. Are those 2 tracks? One just for some spare notes?
    Also I'm not sure if it's just a single synth or 2-3 different but similar presets playing here emulating a single line.
    Sometimes it seems it spread from the center to wide stereo.

Give me some hint on how to obtain this effects thanks *yes*

3. eternaloptimist

eternaloptimist Member

i think those presets are on audioz. the bass does sound like it's sidechained. possibly the bass was split into 2 ie the lower sub to about 100 then on another track the rest of the freqs. pretty common technique in dance music. anyways search for enzed on youtube or post this question on his forum you might get help there. good luck :thumbsup:

4. manight

manight Newbie

The sidechain effect in the pumping is evident (it could be obtained with volume automation as well but I don't think so).
    But there is something more I guess... or there are 2-3 bassline with similar (or same) sample entangling... or I don't know will watch some enzed tutorial.
    If anyone else has some suggestion about the peculiar effect of this bass-line, it seems a "common" practice in electro so maybe someone knows.

I saw the presets on audioz thanks. It's more about how to, don't think the single preset (maybe with modwheel) from this pack could do this all alone

5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Simple saws (stacked). Unisoned/detuned. Distortion.
    SC compressed to kick drum.

One does not need Sylenth1 to make this. Freeware even.

6. manight

manight Newbie

Apart from the sound, there is some really nice movement going on there wich it seems not always coherent with side chain pumping.
    You can hear it well when the bassline throws in a couple 1/16 notes.
    Also it seems to me there is a mono/wide movement also.