How to deal with Corrupted RAR Archives

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by albylizhard, May 7, 2013.

1. albylizhard

albylizhard Newbie

hi there , I'm tryin to download some plug ins in order to try it , but most of the time even after hours of download , I get mostly .rar files corrupted ; where I try to open the first of the package , using Unarchive on my Macbook pro , I often get the message at the end of the process that say : impossible open the corrupted file ecc ecc ....... I give " continue anyway " , osmetimes I get an .iso image but I can't open it .
    The last week it happen with almost 6 or 7 Kontakt library I was about to try .....

Could be a problem with Unarchive ( but I don't think so because it works with other stuff ) or is just the quality of the upload ?

Thanks for every helps

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

try different unpackers on mac, this was always a problem over there i can remember.
    what unpacker are you using?

4. albylizhard

albylizhard Newbie

I'm using " The unarchiver , but never hd a problem so far with stuff downloaded with torrents out there , now I got a 2 days code access to download fast from places like audioz and ......I couldn t open not even an archive .....!!
    BTW ....I moved also on Pc in order to try with another ambient and nothing even there ....all I got is a message sayin " file corrupted " or " impossible to exctract because a file is missed " ecc ecc .....

5. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Uploading/downloading rar files can be a bit temperamental, especially with slow speeds (I have seen up/downloads actually stop half way through, which can cause errors), it could be that the files were corrupted when they were uploaded or when you are downloading. Are there other sites where you can download from to check?

6. albylizhard

albylizhard Newbie

Most of the link out there doesn't wok anymore , only upload.net seems to do , that's why I bought a license key for 2 days in order to be faster at do multiple download ..... but , as I told u , most of them are corrupted anyway , and it seem to be like this only with kontakt stuff which I'd like to try before buy ... maybe is the multiple download ? should I download ine at time ?

7. Spiritos

Spiritos Noisemaker

I'm not sure if you're using direct downloadlinks or binaries. I prefer to work with NZB's (binaries) and if it's a really large file I check it first. There's a PC/MAC Tool for free to do this.
    You can find it here:
    NZB checker

8. fraggle83

fraggle83 Member

Thanks for the link, really useful info about downloads (of any type) on the left side menu! :wink: